Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redoing my third brake light. COMPLETELY new idea and hopefully comes out twenty bajillion times better than my first attempt. This will be a true custom piece, not a modified lens, muahaha.

Comment

connected the battery, and started it up on the first try after sitting all winter.
      95 ES
      05 S60R

Comment

^^ reliability baby! haha ^^

Comment

Got off my duff and got it fired up.Removed the left front 1.8 spindle and reinstalled the 1.5 spindle .I couldnt get the axle out of the 1.5 spindle when i did the g series swap ,so i put it back together with the 1.8 so it could roll.Its odd but the 1.5 caliper will bolt to the 1.8 spindle except the brake pads do not cover the whole rotor as the 1.8 is designed with bigger rotors so the 1.8 caliper would accomodate that.
          I will be doing the 4w disc swap soon,but i need 4 calipers and prop valve.
          Not a big deal really but its just money,its always just money lol.
          Also spent a bit of time on the ITB,s,I started to bore the phenolic manifold.THAT stuff
          is hardcore ,had sparks flying from HSS bit.
          Attached Files
          Powered by ACME

Comment

got the brake light installed. i'll take a pic tonight when its darker so you can really see it.
            Last edited by irishkev90; 05-02-2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

New brake light! Had to take a close-up pic because my camera sucks, but I'll take one later when it's dark from farther away.

Clear plexiglass with ZOOM "etched" into it and made to light up.
              Attached Files

Comment

Spent some more time on the intake and head.
                Attached Files
                Powered by ACME

Comment

Wow, camera phone sucks and none of these pics do this thing justice. The letter are actually RED not white. And bright enough to see from down the street, maybe not read though All in all it turned out pretty good. Minor imperfections, but unless your sitting on my trunk you won't notice them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
                    NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Turn your hi-beams off a-hole! haha, jk.

Anyway, is ebay a reliable enough source for me to get a power driver's side mirror? At some point it was replaced with a manual mirror and the wires cut on the passenger side so I can't adjust that one. Don't ask why because I don't know. I'm going to rewire the passenger's side to hopefully work and I want a power mirror on the driver's side too.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                        Turn your hi-beams off a-hole! haha, jk.

Anyway, is ebay a reliable enough source for me to get a power driver's side mirror? At some point it was replaced with a manual mirror and the wires cut on the passenger side so I can't adjust that one. Don't ask why because I don't know. I'm going to rewire the passenger's side to hopefully work and I want a power mirror on the driver's side too.

try a junkyard for a power mirror, those are my lo-beams. Il take better pics at night with a better camera than my cellphone.

Comment

cone air filter on stock intake tube.
                          slow turn then gunned it. only mod is cone air filter connected to stock intake tube.

Comment

[ATTACH]42508[/ATTACH]
                            95 ES
                            05 S60R

Comment

Originally posted by goodorange View Post
                              [ATTACH]42508[/ATTACH]
                              i know im slow... but its called fun. i was on my way back from cookout

Comment

Eff Adobe Flash Player! I download and install it every effing time I'm online. POS #@!(*#%!

Comment

Working...
                                X