Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone make cat-back exhausts for the BP? And if so, would it work on a Z5? I know they don't make headers for the Z5 which is why I'm only looking for a cat-back. I heard an exhaust leak yesterday and figured I'd just get a new system.

Comment

not off the shelf, but I haven't looked in a really long time.
      95 ES
      05 S60R

Comment

More headwork/itb,s

Todays task was to finish port matching the itb manifold to the head and to try and make the manifold look more like a casting rather than a 2x4.
        I gave the top a blast of high heat paint to see how it might look.
        Attached Files
        Powered by ACME

Comment

So I think my right rear speaker (ch 4) is blown. There almost no sound coming out of it at all. All connections are good, left speaker works fine, but almost nothing out of theright speaker. Even when I set the headunit fade and balance to play out of only channel 4. *sigh* Time for an upgrade, Type-R here I come.

Comment

pulled it into the garage so i dont get code enforcement called again... lol
            but it sat for at least a month and it started right up first try
            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
            VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Itb intake almost done

Just gotta figure out a way of attaching the throttle bodies to the manni.
              I did the recesses where the studs come through and left plenty of room for a wrench or socket.
              Next its time to lap the valves back into the head and shim for lash.
              Im going to try the Gsxr injectors but because the itbs were shortened
              to get them centered on the intake ports the stock fuel rail from the bikes setup will need to be modified.Im playin around with the idea of duel feed as the aeromotive regulator im using has two outlet ports(one is plugged off at the moment).
              The question is which pair of injectors do you mate up to each feed?The MS uses bank injection so is it better to pair 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 together for fuel feed?
              Attached Files
              Powered by ACME

Comment

Kinda goes without saying (i know) but did you try swapping the speaker out to another channel to verfy its fried?
                I have a gaggle of audio to install ,i hope i get time.
                My DD has a POS "cassette radio" with busted knobs and half blown speakers.
                I dunno why i torture myself.
                Powered by ACME

Comment

wait, that wood is your final?
                  -Steve

VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    wait, that wood is your final?
                    LOL i was kinda waiting for that one!
                    That stuff looks like wood all right.I feel more like a carpenter over the last few days.
                    Its actually Phenolic Canvas.Its the same material that some companies use to make carb spacers and the like.Other companies use it for intake gaskets.
                    Its made of layers of phenolic resin and some sort of fabric,canvas is the one of the strongest with high temp characteristics.Cotton is good too.
                    The stuff has awesome insulating properties as well.It cuts drills and machines pretty good.Carbide works well on it.
                    Phenolics have been used in places like caliper pistons.
                    I chose this product because i had to go from a round shape to a weird pear shaped one.I needed to space the itb,s away from the intake as well so this piece does both jobs.
                    Powered by ACME

Comment

hm. still not sure I'd trust it. IMO I'd rather use good old metal.. lol
                      -Steve

VF10 powered!
                      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Thought it was wood at first too, lol. And beer I'll try swapping the channels, I'm hoping it's the speaker though and not the amp or headunit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                          hm. still not sure I'd trust it. IMO I'd rather use good old metal.. lol
                          I hear ya,This is an experiment for sure.
                          I did alot of research first and it may fail huge IDK.
                          I found an advert like this and thought why not a whole intake?
                          It can be had on ebay reasonably in "bulk" form .
                          Here is some info on spacers made out of the stuff:
                          GrimmSpeed Hyundai Genesis Coupe Turbo Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacer 10+

Do you know what your intake manifold sits on?...a superheated engine. If you don't know already, the cooler your intake air is the more HP your car will achieve. We present you the answer to this age old problem, raising the intake manifold off the engine with GrimmSpeed's new Phenolic Intake Manifold to Engine Thermal Spacer.

Phenolic spacers have been used for years by many other specialized automotive companies, but this is very new technology to the Hyundai world.

What it does:

* Greatly reduces the transfer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak.
                          * True Phenolic material, not cutting board material like others.
                          * The cooler your intake temperature is the denser the air is which leads to more power
                          * For every 5 degree reduction in temperature, increases power by 1%.
                          * The cooler and denser the intake air that the engine sucks in, increases the amount of air that can be mixed with fuel thus increasing efficiency.
                          * Direct bolt-on.
                          * When running the oem gasket only, your intake manifold gets very hot to the touch, enough to burn your hand. When the oem gasket is replaced with our Phenolic Spacer, your hand can be placed on the intake manifold without any issues.
                          * We have installed both with and without OEM Hyundai Gaskets and have had no issues with either way. We do recommend using 2 sets of oem gaskets however, one on both sides of the spacer.
                          * USA made

How it works:

* The intake air in your engine travels through the airbox into the turbo, then into the aluminum intake manifold. The air exits the intake manifold and goes directly into the engine.
                          * While the intake air is within the intake manifold it picks up alot of heat from the aluminum intake manifold. This added heat reduces air density thus reducing engine power capabilities.
                          * In stock form your engine has a steel gasket between the intake manifold and engine which allows the heat from the engine to quickly transfer into the intake manifold. By replacing this steel gasket with the GrimmSpeed Phenolic Spacer you are greatly reducing the transfer of engine heat into the intake manifold.
                          * Phenolic Spacers are able to withstand 500+ degrees F. Hyundai engines run at around 200 degrees F, so the Phenolic Spacer is well within its max running temperature. GrimmSpeed has tested that it is also safe to run race fuel, E85, and methanol with the Phenolic Spacers.
                          * The Phenolic Spacer will conduct 300-900 times less heat than the oem steel gasket.

Applications:
                          Genesis 2010+

Package Contents:
                          1 Phenolic Thermal Spacer
                          3 Longer bolts with washers
                          Attached Files