Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, it would cost a pretty penny. Good luck with the build, can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerizfood View Post
      LOL @ you guys thinkin i would make a wooden intake.
      I mean really at least it would be oak!

It does look like wood though,so much that i spent alot of time trying to not make it look like wood!
      Oak is too dense, thus a good conductor. That's why I use Ochroma pyramidale or Balsa, a great insulator since the tree inherently has a large cellular structural and when kiln-dried creates voids for air!
      95 ES
      05 S60R

Comment

Trimmed the end off my valve cover to expose the cam gears. Painted the valve cover, strut tower brace, and battery tie down white.

95 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by bigbully0110 View Post
          Trimmed the end off my valve cover to expose the cam gears. Painted the valve cover, strut tower brace, and battery tie down white.
          On a z5? pics?
          NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

On a BP05. I will try to post some pics later.

95 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by bigbully0110 View Post
              On a BP05. I will try to post some pics later.
              why not just use the bg vc?
              95 ES
              05 S60R

Comment

woke up this morning to go to class and saw this.....
                people need to stop hating on my protege..
                Attached Files

Comment

many sad faces for that sorry
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                    many sad faces for that sorry
                    went to body shop for insurance estimate.... $231.05 and my deductible is $250 . went on car-part.com and found a mirror for $50 at a local junkyard. but im just gonna leave this mirror cause it still works. now i just taped it with black electrical tape, upclose its ghetto but and u cant tell from a distance.

Comment

took the headlights and corners off because they are terrible i am going to clean them until i can find glass replacements. then i stood there and looked at it.

so far i have replaced the shifter bushings and discovered a few extras.
                      my car has h&r springs and i have a walbro 255.
                      the car has a BHG so I am waiting till payday to by the full gasket set from mazda and arp head bolts.

for now it sits on jackstands. i hate looking at it like that.
                      MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A RACING PROBLEM

Comment

More work on the ITB's today.

Got the throttle bodies affixed to the intake.This was actually quite challenging.I ended up driling and tapping the intake and used set screws.
                        Two on each one.I ground the ends to a dull point and they sit in a lip at the end of the bodies.I cant pull them out.Sealing the itb's to the intake are orings .
                        Next was fuel,i was gonna make a custom rail out of the stock multipiece GSXR750 fuel system but decided at the last minute to see what i have around the garage.I have been collecting rails and injectors for a while (since going to MS).I LUCKED RIGHT OUT with what i think was a sentra rail from an engine install.It lines up real good and its capacity is huge.
                        Only issue is that its from a return-less system so i will have to make a return on it ,small taters compared to actually making a rail.It was nasty looking so i gave it a bit of a polish.Im sticking with the stock GSXR injectors for now but may switch later .To affix the rail are to simple brackets .The rails mounting holes lined right up with the head studs yet another plus.
                        Decided to run the wiring out the back to hide it .I may get a nicer vacuum manifold like OBX or the like.
                        Attached Files