• Show
Clear All

Went and got a much needed wash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	407447_154862934627544_100003115167255_215440_1967600973_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1230437

Also got some new wiper blades and adjusted one of the squirter nozzles. I need to get some fan style nozzles, the stream style suck.

Unfortunately I also found a crack in the corner of the windshield.

Name:	405424_154862731294231_100003115167255_215437_819734488_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1230438

Name:	408032_154862534627584_100003115167255_215433_310223013_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1230439

I runs all the way down to the bottom-right corner of the picture. $320 to replace it from Safelite
    Last edited by irishkev90; 01-23-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

ouch
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I don't know how it happened. I'm guessing the cold weather. And with all the dirt and crap that usually covers that spot, it was hardly noticeable until I came out of the car wash.

Comment

that's rather expensive. we usually pay 200$ at most for a wind shield here and they come to your house to replace it.
          | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

I could get them to come to the house, but that's an extra $30ish dollars or something stupid.

Comment

Still haven't gotten the windshield replaced yet, something came up and I couldn't make it to the appointment. I've got another appointment on Wednesday at 8:30 in the morning. I've also temporarily fixed my heater blower. I jumpered two if the wires that send power to the resistor pack causing the fan to blow as if the selector was in the 4 position, when it's actually in the 1 position. So it's either on or off, but I'm hoping the new resistor pack gets here soon so I'll have all four settings once again.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                I've also temporarily fixed my heater blower. I jumpered two if the wires that send power to the resistor pack causing the fan to blow as if the selector was in the 4 position, when it's actually in the 1 position. So it's either on or off, but I'm hoping the new resistor pack gets here soon so I'll have all four settings once again.
                First thing. Is this a hard thing to fix? I only have 1 and 2.

Second thing. I bought mine some steelies today.

Comment

Replacing the resistor pack is fairly simple, but one of the screws is a bit of a pain to remove and replace. The new resistor pack didn't fix my problem, though. It's actually the electronic part of the control unit that's not sending power to the resistor pack/blower motor. There's a complete control unit on eBay I might grab, but I could also get just the electronic switch from the dealer as well. Might go the second route just to make sure everything works, it's only $10 more than the unit on eBay.

Comment

Let's see... Yesterday I got some Turtle Wax carpet cleaner and scrubbed the front passenger foot area. I also finally found an elusive exhaust leak and patched that up. Today, I got some Turtle Wax upholstery cleaner and scrubber the front passenger seat, works pretty well. I then got a new air filter from Advance Auto Parts and replaced my rusted clogged one. There's a hole in the wheel well liner because it came unscrewed and rubbed on the tire at 65mph. So I patched the hole with some duct tape, inside and out, hoping to temporarily fix the problem until I can get a replacement panel. Took it for a drive and feels much better. The new filter along with the patched exhaust has it feeling almost like new again. Still a slightly rough idle, but it smoothed out a lot after the repairs. Hopefully my fuel economy has gone up as well, I've been getting a little over 26mpg lately Also due for an oil change very soon.

Tomorrow I want o clean the rest of the interior and maybe clean the IAC and throttle body to see if I can smooth it out even further. Going to be hard, though, because I've got to go into work fours hours early (10:00 am instead of the normal 2:00 pm) for overtime Wednesday through Friday. But I guess an extra ~$204 isn't much to whine about.

Anyone else having some fun with their BH?

Comment

Temperatures have dropped this week and it's windy as heck. The carpet and upholstery cleaner I got from Advance (Turtle Wax) sucks. It doesn't spray well, and just looks like it's bleaching the fabric. So I went to Walmart and got a Bissell portable deep cleaner with water heater. So I will hopefully be able to do that some time this week or next. Still doing mandatory overtime at work, so my time to work on the car is becoming less and less

Comment

Just changed the fuel filter. Man was that a royal pain in the ass. I never want to do that again unless the engine is out. Everything is back in and hooked up, though the hose clamp on the bottom of the filter may need to be slid down. I'm not too comfortable with where it is right now. But I need the car to get me to work so I'll just take it easy today and see if I can fix it tomorrow. Took it around the block (up to 30mph) and nothing is leaking, but I'm still not comfortable with it :/

Comment

well it wasn't today, but the other week when I was up north I saw my old BHA at the wreckers, and it started right up! car was 100% the same when I brought it there before the winter haha, even had the battery in it. /rant
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Should have taken it back, haha.

Comment

Just taped up yet another exhaust leak. Was going to cut up a soup can to take some of the pressure, but we have no soup. Oh well.

Comment

Just broke the 150,000 mile mark on my way back from the Dr. Seuss Memorial in Springfield, MA with my girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                                X