This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealousy. Right here. Looks amazing.

Could you possibly get the part number off the bottom of the driver's side view mirror? I've been trying to find one to match my passenger's side mirror, but none that I've seen online have the same back cover. I have three at home (one manual that came with the car, one power from eBay and one power from a '95/'96) and they all have a smooth back cover, instead of the textured back with the sculpted part at the top like yours.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Love that spoiler!

Comment

I still need a JDM driver's side turn signal

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Today I bought a center console with a built in cup holder, but my elbow hits it when I shift...Soooooooo never mind

Comment

What console would that be? I know there's two different kinds, but unless your elbow is hitting the little cubby thing I have no idea what console you have, haha.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Comment

I recently been tracking mpg lately. Surprisingly I've been getting the best mileage outta the 98 even with an exhaust leak.
                98 1.8L DOHC: 34 mpg
                94 1.8L DOHC: 30 mpg
                91 1.6L SOHC: 32 mpg

Comment

Damn, my '98 gets 30 at best. Usually between 28-29.

Comment

1995 Protégé lx 5speed 1.5L, 56.2 mpg. It decided to burn it self up at 179k. Found another EXACT same model 95 Protégé lx 5speed 1.5l with 179 on the clock. Ironic isn't it. Did all the maintenance on it. Cleaned the TB, MAS, new NGK G-Power pre gaped plugs, new wire set, rotor cap, rotor, o-ring, fuel filter(what a bitch), computer reset while test drive. Took off the cheap Chinese ribbed air hose between the TB/MAS and put on the OEM one I save from the burnt up one. Replaced bushing/tie rods right side with the left side still to go. After filling it up to the max jumped on the Freeway and went 156.5 miles on 3.06 gallons of fuel for 51.14 mpg using only CC with no gutiing, areo mods, or Hypermiling. Went a steady 62mph at 2800 rpm. If I want to get real crazy I can do the 94 probe 5th gear change, do aero mods, get a scan gauge, gut the insides, Hypermile. I know I could get over 60mpg in the real world.

Comment

insane mpg!!!
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

****. That's reason enough for me to swap in my manual transmission with the fifth gear swap. My '97 just returned 23mpg. It threw a Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold code the other day though. Cleaned the downstream O2 sensor and idle felt a bit smoother, though still pretty rough. If the code comes back I'll swap in a new sensor, clean the EGR, throttle body and MAF and make sure the cat isn't clogged.

Just another reason to get the '98 finished so I can remedy the '97.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407236666.529612.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	1238805Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407236681.744843.jpg
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	1238806Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407236695.155508.jpg
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	1238807
                          Here is my 96LX protege with 1.8bp swapped. It's only front wheel drive but runs good on full standalone.

Comment

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Nice! I assume you had to remove the ac?

Comment

Originally posted by Foofighter8008 View Post
                                Nice! I assume you had to remove the ac?
                                Yes. Who needs it anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X