Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok sweet-what kind of paint did you use? any paint in particular? i can also clear the lenses while they are separated, i have some inside clouding....
    Originally posted by Kitty
    3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics
    Originally posted by almighty4wd
    .......Dude. You own an ECONOBOX. It is not a racecar....

Comment

Yeah, i don't see why you couldn't. It may be difficult because the inside of the lens is textured and whatnot. I used dupli-color automotive paint available at most auto stores, VIP, Autozone, etc.. Primered then painted. Make sure to mask it off very well. I didn't do a perfect job and have a couple drips that made it under the tape i put down.
      sigpic

Comment

ok cool-i cant wait to get home and do it (college sucks)-i wonder how it would look on tan.... Oh and on what i did to my protege today; i installed a b&m short throw shifter-i drove 45 minutes back to school and i love it-the throws are so much shorter,all i need now is that sparco knob i want!
        3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics

Comment

It looks alright... I mean there's just not that much that ends up showing, and that's only because of the style of lights. Newer cars I think it looks better on. Decent nonetheless.
          95 ES
          05 S60R

Comment

I've noticed over a couple days that the black housing doesn't show up as well when its brighter outside. In the shadows, the headlights look darker. Less light to enter the housing means less to come out so you can see in em easier. So keep my car in the shadows and it looks just fine.
            sigpic

Comment

does it affect light output at all?

Comment

not at all. I noticed a gain in light output. But i also polished the lens. If anything it made the light more crisp.
                sigpic

Comment

ok well i think im going home this weekend so i might do this

Comment

Fail

Took of those pretty plastic pieces in front of the rear wheels, sanded just a little bit and found this....
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squeekster1 View Post
                      Took of those pretty plastic pieces in front of the rear wheels, sanded just a little bit and found this....
                      This is where you put the pretty plastic thingy back on,whistle a happy tune

and just make believe it doesn't exist. It was all just a bad dream. You never really saw that rust.

Comment

I hate the quarter panel rust.

I took those little plastic things off the first time I painted for that exact reason.

Comment

I can't deal with it at this time. So i just threw some primer on there lazily and covered it with some matching black paint to match the car. Come time for next inspection, i'll have a choice. Either i get out of the car into something newer and rust free, or put some money into getting the car de-rustified and nicely painted same color professionally.
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't deal with it at this time. So i just threw some primer on there lazily and covered it with some matching black paint to match the car. Come time for next inspection, i'll have a choice. Either i get out of the car into something newer and rust free, or put some money into getting the car de-rustified and nicely painted same color professionally.
                            I see you somewhat opted for my resolution. Did you do the whistling?

Comment

no, i didn't do the whistling thing. I did that once before about a year and half ago. See where it got me? I coulda nipped it in the butt then. The half ass primer and paint job is my way of "whistling" this time. If you want to throw me 3500 i'll give you a passenger and driver's side mostly mint black fenders. Not quite junkyard price, but its an offer.
                              sigpic

Comment

no, i didn't do the whistling thing. I did that once before about a year and half ago. See where it got me? I coulda nipped it in the butt then. The half ass primer and paint job is my way of "whistling" this time. If you want to throw me 3500 i'll give you a passenger and driver's side mostly mint black fenders. Not quite junkyard price, but its an offer.
                                How much for shipping from NH to Florida? Ha, ha, ha. By the way, the term is "nipped it in the bud". As in the cut you make on a rose bud, or just below the bud. It's a friendly lesson from your colleague at Club Protege.

Comment

Working...
                                X