No announcement yet.

Why no sunroof???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get an aftermarket sunroof... just my opinion.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
      Don't get an aftermarket sunroof... just my opinion.
      any particular reason you have this opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by zshakespeare
        They leak.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          They leak.
          that's a reason enough but they can't all leak, right? maybe a better choice/install would not have such issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            that's a reason enough but they can't all leak, right? maybe a better choice/install would not have such issues.
            Maybe finding one with a factory sunroof, at the bone yard, cutting the roof off, taking it to a shop, then cutting your roof off, welding the other one in, painting.........
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

yeah, nice...

Comment

are you talking about leaking where the sunroof meets your roof, or where the glass/plastic of the sunroof meets the edge of the sunroof. I imagine a good silicon sealing job would fix any leaks unless it's the actual sunroof, not the installation. in which case you'd figure they'd make a decent quality one.

Comment

Let's say if you're willing to own your car for at least 2-3 years with aftermarket sunroof installed you'll be able to see where it's leaking from. Anyway, I had one car a while ago in Europe and it was leaking through. On top of that I never heard anything good about those, but you never know,it might be good for another 10 years though. Just get something professionally installed.

What's the actuall difference between sunroof and moonroof ? I heard a lot of different opinions, just not sure which one is right
                  98 protege LX for appearance
                  89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Got one installed.

I got a sunroof installed last summer, 400 bucks cdn. And it's probably the biggest mistake i've ever made. It's nice when u have it open ofcourse. But since my car is lowered with the tight suspension it creaks over every bump, and drives me up the wall. I will try to bring the car to get another model put in, but sofar i have never been so arrgivated in my life. This is advice for others who have thought about putting one in. Hopefully the garage will install another one for me, i will pay the differernce, for sure.

Comment

good luck

Comment

The only way that I would install and aftermarket sunroof, is if my car was in california. Those guys do everything on the sunny side. I would definetly get it done out there... Not to mention some other things.
                        I would never let anyone on the east cost install a damn sunroof on my Protege...
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

that means I'm in luck if I decide to get one installed.

Comment

and make sure you get a lifetime waranty on it against leaking... that is what mine has ... basically if it ever starts leaking they will pull it and fix it then re-install it
                            In the Garage
                            Black 93 MX-3 GS
                            Bp powered
                            GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                            MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by zshakespeare
                              Actually, I recall hearing from someplace that cars are either engineered to have a sunroof, or they are engineered to not be messed with. Somewhere, somehow, I heard it through the grapevine, but I heard that it damages the overall structure of your car? (can anyone attest this?).

When you ruin the overall support/structure of the frame, you won't be able to handle as well. The frame will have more of a "flex" to it on the tight turns.

.....just my opinion
                              1996 Mazda Protege 1.5L

Mods:
                              underdash neon kit (sort of)
                              DVD/MP3/CD Player
                              Customized dash for screen
                              HyperWhite Lights

Comment

Right, right. As for lifetime warranty, try and figure out how long the company has been in business.
                                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                                X