AC works when its not hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC works when its not hot

My 98 has a new compressor, receiver/drier, and a new condenser fan. When its cycling the low side is 30 and the high side is 275-300. It cools great, except when it doesn't. The past two days when I leave work and the outside temp is 95+ and the in-car temp is 140 the inside fan will blow but the power to the clutch is not on. Test light says no power. I can jumper the clutch wire and it will run. The led in the AC push button switch says I have power to the switch. Got home today and left the hood up while I ate. Came back out and I had power on the clutch wire. Second time its done this. Anyone have experience with this? A particular part I should concentrate on? It works fine until it gets hot.

Anyone have a copy of the wiring for a 98 manual trans AC system they can post or email?

Thanks
    Paul

condenser fans runing without clutch, or not?
    there is a pressure switch and a relay. I think the relay is both fan and clutch...dont know, maybe seperate relays

Pressure switch is safty for the compressor. Your lowside is low enough to cut the power to the clutch.

Comment

Working...
    X