No announcement yet.

Reading the ECU codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually your hold light will blink if the auto tranny computer picks up errors. It doesn't flash the CEL
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Nope the hold light is not blinking (or working.... well the light comes on and off when i hit the button but theres no effect on the tranny)
      And i got code 15 (O2 sensor) when i jumped the TEN and the GND as a diagnostic...
      Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
      262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
      ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

Accord Speedo problem

Originally posted by turbonium959
        Hey, you know what. My cousin has the same problem on his '90 Accord. His tach works fine, but speedo does not. It will come on once in a while, but not for long, and then his CEL turn on. He has been driving like this for about 4-5 months. But I wonder if this is the same problem? When did it happen, Bruce?

P.S. about my earlier post - I posted it before reading the entire thread. My bad.
        Okay, I know this is a Mazda forum, but I know what the problem is with the accord. The vehicle speed sensor is going bad. This affects the speedo and the cruise control. It's pretty common with accords as they get older. I had a 91 that was doing the same thing. The part is very expensive ($225 at autopartsgiant.com) and Haynes doesn't tell you how to fix it. There is a couple websites that have tutorials and it doesn't seem all that hard to do.

Comment

i have a funny story about codes, like some of you might have seen my check engine light just came on, and we were having issues with getting codes, after much frustration and not turning up any codes, i checked the "engine" fuse in my fuse box and it was blown. just some info, if your engine light is on and you dont get any codes, check fuses.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            CEL is ON

hey where can i get those videos it wont let me click anyhthing on the site?...

Comment

Originally posted by dipsetpimp713
              hey where can i get those videos it wont let me click anyhthing on the site?...
              use your mouse.

using the right mouse button click on the first link and select "Save Target As..." then point to a location where you want to save the video. do the same for the second link and you're done. once the videos are downloaded you have to find where you saved them and double click to open them... hope this helps. if not, ask again.

Comment

na nvm ...i messed up ...i realized after i clicked post message lol ...well thanx anywayz i guess lol 1

Comment

how much does it cost to get it checked at autozone?...my cel had alwayz been on since i got da car...hope its cheap cuz all my money is going into gettin my car ready for summer

Comment

it's free - won't cost u n e thing.
                    just go there and ask.

Comment

aight me and my friend will go once spring comes around and our cars are back on da road

Comment

do those codes pertain to first gens as well?

Comment

you know autozone in maine used to read codes for free, but i guess they got mad that no one bought the **** to fix it, and just went their to see, and now they charge 50 bucks to do it.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I had my car examined at our local technical college. My friend's are taking courses their so they can get their license or whatever to become certified mechanics. Well, when i had a diagnostic ran on my car, It wouldn't check from the diagnostic under the hood. It kept saying for the 95 Protege, cehck from inside da car. So we had to get behind teh dash, u know, the opening where the pedals are located. Right in the opening, their was the adaptor to run the diagnostic. Does yallz say the same thing? Just wondering tho...
                            Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

the 95 is a mix of obdI and obdII from what i understand.. not sure if it is true.. i think the under hood diagnostic plug in is different than the one inside the passenger area of the car
                              In the Garage
                              Black 93 MX-3 GS
                              Bp powered
                              GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                              MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Working...
                              X