Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

i have just recently installed a new cold air intake system. will this cause me to fail my emissions test? i have heard different things. does a cold air affect the emissions this much?

It shouldn't cause any trouble. My brother has one on his Integra and he just got it inspected/tested with no problems. I have one on my Protege also, but my inspection/test isn't until next year.

Comment

thanks so much for the help, i have to go for emissions and i just installed a cold air intake, and i didnt see any help in the faq, so i thank you for the help

Comment

you should be fine;
        what kind of intake do u have?
        is it protege specific?
        then it shudn't cause u to shoot any coodes?

i heard if u relocated the maf u shud do a reset..so the computer knows and doesn't shoot a CEL
        | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

My MAF is located in the same general area as the stock system, but the IAT is located right after the MAF. Hasn't brought up any codes at all and it has been this way for a couple months now I think. The only code I had was due to an O2 sensor, but that was completely unrelated to the CAI.

Comment

this site definately needs some captcha or some better user verification

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
              this site definately needs some captcha or some better user verification
              Why do you say that?
              ah, it's wonderful driving a car that goes slow.. makes it easier to aim for the old people crossing the street

Comment

Originally posted by palehawaiian View Post
                Why do you say that?
                Spam.
                1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

i just didn't see any in this thread
                  ah, it's wonderful driving a car that goes slow.. makes it easier to aim for the old people crossing the street

Comment

it's gone nowww..

Comment

gotcha

Comment

Working...
                      X