No announcement yet.

Bulb Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3rd gen also uses 9003 or H4, you could try a stock bulb from one of those if you can find someone with one to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
      they work look at my sig..
      wanna see comparison pics between the Sylvania and the Osram Sylverstars?

here:

oh, by the way... you will also get one of these:

those are "194" bulbs but you won't be able to use them. the JDM headlights have an extra socket for them - driving lights or whatever you call them.
      for gods sake, have you ever heard of a tr**** ... or putting the camera on the ground ... lol .

By the way Asylum , you can put those extra bulbs in your clear corners.

btw our 2nd gens use H4's ..
      that's what I have in my protege.
      We don't use the same bulbs as the 1st gens.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

bruce, if you had looked closely you would have seen that this is not motion blur. look at the little shiny box on the ground. is it blurred? no.

this is called over exposure and was done on purpose so you can see clearly which bulb is brighter. the bulb on the left shines more light, hence it is over exposed more.

Comment

bruce, if you had looked closely you would have seen that this is not motion blur. look at the little shiny box on the ground. is it blurred? no.

this is called over exposure and was done on purpose so you can see clearly which bulb is brighter. the bulb on the left shines more light, hence it is over exposed more.
          na it's not overexposed. I just tilted my monitor up a bit and could actually see if better. It frigin looked like the pic was of your car shining lights, not the light shinning on the wall ..lol ...
          sorry ..

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

hahaha, how could you see that? too much partying last night maybe?
            Last edited by bruce95fmla; 02-16-2004, 02:41 PM.

Comment

hey here is a pic of the 9004 bulb and then the H4 bulbs ... the H4 bulbs are the ones that we use in the 2nd gens.
              Is this the one you were trying to find Asylum ...

this one is for the 1st gen protege/323

these below are for the 2nd gen protege.

Attached Files
              Last edited by bruce95fmla; 02-16-2004, 02:38 PM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

hahaha, how could you see that? too much partying last night maybe?
                you know I used to have 120/80 watt bulbs in the protege right

ehh ,, I ment to press reply and pressed edit by mistake

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Here's a better pic of the H4 bulbs.
                  The one on the left with the blue tint is the Sylvania Silverstar.To the right is the Osram bulb.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I dont understand the problem on this thread. I have never ever had a problem getting bulbs. Last time mine went out on a road trip with my friend so we stopped at a Target, pulled my old bulb walked inside looked at the others and got the ones that looked the same. anyway they have worked perfect ever since. only 12 bucks too and they are ultra whites. just go to a target lol!
                    sigpic

Comment

ok so maybe ive ****ed up and been getting 9003 the whole time even though i swear ive been getting 9004... anyway I have an appointment with mazda on friday for them to check out the electrical system.... everyone Ive talked to said its probably a bad ground somwhere in the headlights/brake/interior lights system.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                        ok so maybe ive ****ed up and been getting 9003 the whole time even though i swear ive been getting 9004... anyway I have an appointment with mazda on friday for them to check out the electrical system.... everyone Ive talked to said its probably a bad ground somwhere in the headlights/brake/interior lights system.
                        GET H4 BULBS AND INSTALL THEM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

9003 = H4
                          He has 9003 at the moment, there's no need to replace them.
                          The problem is that he keeps blowing a fuse, but I'm not even sure if this fuse is related to the headlights.

Comment

the fuse breaks when the headlights are turned on.

the fuse that breaks is the fuse that makes your interior dash lights come on and your taillights go to 50% when you turn the lights on.

they are connected somehow

Comment

9003 is the bulb I posted above with the black bottom ...
                              If you have the bulb with the black bottom, you have the wrong bulb ...
                              you need to get H4.
                              Why don't you post a pic of the bulb that you have in the headlight

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                                9003 is the bulb I posted above with the black bottom ...
                                If you have the bulb with the black bottom, you have the wrong bulb ...
                                you need to get H4.
                                Why don't you post a pic of the bulb that you have in the headlight
                                bruce, H4 and 9003 IS THE SAME THING!!! the one with the black bottom is 9004.
                                check this out - Halogen Bulbs - H4/9003/HB2
                                Last edited by Intruder; 02-17-2004, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X