No announcement yet.

BP mpg stuff for bruce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, judging by that excel table, mine comes on after I've used up about 10.5 gallons of fuel. I always put the maximum amount of fuel the gas pump will let me, and I used to fill up when the light showed up. The difference is ~10.5 gallons.

Comment

you're only getting 22 mpg?

Comment

he has an automatic, that's why.

A 5 speed 1.5 would improve those numbers by about 5 mpg.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I have a gas light in my 97lx and it comes on sometimes when you can see black inbetween the last line and the needle(the black being on top of the needle) now i know it may not be accurate but the manual does say that when this light comes on you still have about 2.1 gallons left so unless you have tried being on your engine light for awhile you probabaly wouldn't have gotten more than like 11 some odd gallons in....and i had a question for you guys does your guage seem to not fall as fast in the beinging of a new tank as it does in the middle then at the end it slows down again...just wondering
          23mpg wow glad i don't have an auto...on a good long hiway trip i can get 40mpg with my 5speed...i have to beat the piss out of my pro in the winter with the temp being like 10below to even hit 30mpg
          Last edited by labikesrcool; 04-28-2004, 09:27 PM.
          real drivers accelerate for the corners

Comment

yup... it's not linear. drops slow when the tank is full, then really fast in the middle, then slow again when it starts to get empty.

Comment

yeah, i second that! Drives me nuts, I go from 3/4 to 1/2 in a day. Like I said earlier, I can get 30 mpg flogging it, we're talking 7K rpm upshifts and lots of heel-toe downshifting. . . I don't like to use my brakes, lol

Comment

yes heel-toe just sounds cool too and with my brakes not being the greatest helps out alot too

Comment

and its a good way of saying "My car is stick, I'm badass" . . . or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                    yeah, i second that! Drives me nuts, I go from 3/4 to 1/2 in a day. Like I said earlier, I can get 30 mpg flogging it, we're talking 7K rpm upshifts and lots of heel-toe downshifting. . . I don't like to use my brakes, lol
                    but doesn't heel and toeing include braking??
                    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                      but doesn't heel and toeing include braking??
                      hahahahahaha.... lol
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yes and no, it uses less of the brakes because you aren't braking as hard as you would be without downshifting

Comment

However, brakes are both cheaper and easier to change than a clutch.

I've got a 1.8/auto and get ~25mpg. It's gone up a little as the weather's gotten a little warmer, which is good. 25 is still pretty pathetic, auto or not.
                          '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

the clutch will last as long as you take care of it, it's not heel-toeing that uses up the clutch, its 4K+ rpm launches

Comment

You aren't serious, are you? What do you think is matching your engine speed to your wheel speed? Granted, 4K rpm dumps are worse, but aggressive downshifting still eats away at your clutch lining *much* faster than letting the engine drop to idle while you use your brakes to bleed off speed.
                              '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

just my two cents but usually with everyday driving i downshift because one my brakes suck and two if you do match your rpms correctally it shouldn't be hurting your clutch any more than up shifting and by everyday driving i downshift at like 2.5-3grand making the resultant rpms about 4grand after the downshift is complete

Comment

Working...
                                X