No announcement yet.

Greeting and introductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat sheild ay? i shall look into it. Just wanted to put up some pics i took of my pile of protege, the last picture highlights the tricked out shifter. enjoy!

Also note my FRESH body kit on the front fender, yeah , not alot of people have that yet, but in a couple months it'll be everywhere...
    R.I.P.
    Pro-Pro
    1998 - 2005
    "Live fast, die young, sell you parts on e-bay"

Comment

I like that color. Be nice to the car.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yes very nice color, now all you need are a set of these corner lights and a big hammer to smash out those dents! Good luck bud.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die" -Thomas Callaway

Comment

yeah see i dont mind the color except for the fact that around here EVERYONE has this very car in this very color, because i'm guessing the enterprise car rental where i bought this car, had a LOAD of these cars in thier fleet at one point and sold them all off on the cheap. i see it EVERYWHERE, and i'm thinkin of doing something to make it different, maybe with a new color, maybe just with some sort of accents or something. One this i dont like being is cookie cutter. Those lights look cool as hell, i think im ight just pick them up. I saw them or some similar clear euro lights on a auto parts website and was gonna buy, but if i can get them on ebay a little cheaper, then why not? Also i need to replace the signal light plug where you plug the bulb into, its smashed... where should i go about getting that at? any idea? thanks for the link, btw, i'm bidding as we speak
          R.I.P.
          Pro-Pro
          1998 - 2005

Comment

Originally posted by TheLyonHart
            Also i need to replace the signal light plug where you plug the bulb into, its smashed... where should i go about getting that at?
            Damn, see the same thing happened to me on the drivers side about a year ago. i ordered those same corners and when i finally replaced it with the clears this weekend i noticed my plug was smashed as well. So basically if you find out let me know and if i find out i'll let you know. =)

one thing tho, those clears dont look so hot if you headlights are nasty try cleaning them- used to be a tutorial here but it looks as if its gone now...

my drivers side headlight housing was cracked and since i couldnt find a headlight for less the 130 from junkyards in my area( they all said they didn't have one in stock but they could order one) i decided to go with the glass j-spec ones from corksport. expensive yes but im tierd of driving around with a cock-eyed lighting system.

once the headlights come in ill take some pics for you so you can check it out- ill also take some pics when i get home of just the plastic light against the nice clean corners so you can see for yourself=)

oh and welcome aboard! I'm fairly new here but so far everyone has really been helpful

Comment

aren't the j-spec lights set up for rhd though?

Comment

Yes, they are.

You might be able to pop-off the headlight socket. There should be a clip on it.
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by Protege108th
                  once the headlights come in ill take some pics for you so you can check it out- ill also take some pics when i get home of just the plastic light against the nice clean corners so you can see for yourself=)
                  BAH corksport said they are on back order for 3-4 weeksso these pics are gonna have to wait....guh

the other pics are gonna have to wait too but for school/work/personal reasons....im not gonn be home till after dark for awhile =( oh well no big loss

Comment

so i went out the pro-pro today with sockets in hand, determined to get that front right fender off and look around, see what all needs to be replaced. I got it mostly off, but i didnt disconnect the splash guard at the bottom, still tho i could see all around the signal light area, and the news wasnt great. The plug is indeed smashed for the signal lamp, so i'll have to find a replacement and rewire that up or some such. Also i found that the bracket on the main headlight housing that the signal housing connects too is smashed, so if i just get a replacement signal, and not headlight, i wont be able to connect it. Its not a big deal for the headlight obviously since thats connected to the car in many other places, but do you think the signal would be okay if it was just connected ot the fender and not actually bolted to the headlight? cause cosmetically you wouldnt notice at all, and i want to try to avoide having to buy a new headlight. ugh... also this socket set i happened to find in my basment sucks ass, anyone reccomend a solid quality, yet entry level priced set?
                    R.I.P.
                    Pro-Pro
                    1998 - 2005

Comment

Working...
                    X