No announcement yet.

BP MPG vastly better than Z5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I write it on the receipt until I can find a calculator. Fortunately now, I have a calc on my phone.

Comment

I made an Excel spreadsheet that does the calculations automatically. All I have to do is plug in the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
        I made an Excel spreadsheet that does the calculations automatically. All I have to do is plug in the numbers.
        Can I have a copy of that? It would make things so simple. I've always had trouble with stuff like dividing one number by another.

Comment

I'll let you have it as soon as you sign in to MSN Messenger (unless I'm away from the 'puter).

Comment

Yeah, no offense to anyone, but saying "I get so-and-so miles to the tank" is the most idiotic way to figure out your gas mileage.

Your fuel gauge is very inaccurate to start with, and eveyr time you fill your tank, you put a different amount of fuel into it.

How hard is it to comprehend that you should WRITE DOWN how many gallons of gas you pour into your car every time you go to the gas station. I have a booklet that logs the date, total mileage, trip mileage (since last tank), the # of gallons i put in her, and the MPG (which i sometimes do and sometimes don't calculate when i fill it up). If I drive 180 miles and filled it up with 7.32 gallons, thats 180 / 7.32 gallons = 24.6 miles to the gallon.

Thats the only way to calculate your mileage...none of this "(1/4 tank miles driven * four equal 1/4 tanks) / 13.2 gallons tank holds.
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I divide the number of miles between the two fills by the number of gallons I've put in during the previous fill up.

Comment

I just hit the trip odo when I fill, then devide whatever it says by the gallons on the next fill up (# of gallons burned).

Comment

That's the sole purpose of the trip odo.

Comment

or if you have directions that say "go 14.3 miles"

Comment

It's too much of a hastle to be resetting it every turn you make. Just ballpark it.

Comment

i usually get about 40 mpg give or take 1.5mpg but i put in a k/n airfilter and now it's like 37mpg don't ask me why but it just is i have a z5 manual i have never heard a bp break 37
                        real drivers accelerate for the corners

Comment

Working...
                        X