No announcement yet.

how low is to low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha yeh i wish it was a real pic and i really did have it lowered and had those rims on it!, but nah someone on here (cant remember who) photoshopped it in a thread i made awhile back asking for someone to photoshop my car

Comment

the photoshopped pic in your sig would be over 3 inchs lowered in reality

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
        well, the bumpstops progressively increase in stiffness as they get compressed

if i cut away half of this, im going to hit them less often... however when i DO hit them it will be much harsher

if im going around a corner at speed, and i bottom out for whatever reason... having more bumpstop there is more predictable and easier to control than the sudden shock i would get from half of a bump stop

however, i am aware that some spring manufacturers do suggest to cut them in half, and use the lower portion

in the case of my car, leaving them in whole still provides me with sufficient travel

the only times that i do bottom out is if i hit larger bumps when im going fast

That's funny, Jesse must be busy or something. I am suprised he didn't rip this post to shreds yet.

Don't get in the habit of corning on the bumpstops ... It's not a good thing. It's better to corner on the actual shock travel, as opposed to on the bumpstop. If your already on the bumpstop when you hit a bump... There is no dampening done by the shock.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

you do know that my suspension still has travel, and im not riding around on my bumpstops... right?

(i've actually been waiting for jesse to debate this with me as well, because i am not too too sure of myself here, so i'd like his opinion... but i think hes busy with the GRM stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
            i was just gonna ask about your signature cuz it looks very real (cant believe its photoshop) it would be awesome if you can make it real.
            its hard to get the tires tucked under the fender. i had 16's w/ 205 40 16, and riding w/ coilovers...and i could barely flush the tire even w/ the fender's lip. maybe w/ 17's and cut spring perches it would have been possible. i had to put my mazdaspeed struts on the 4th setting to keep from bouncing around.lol
            Almost there

jdm tails... check
            jdm bumper... check
            ms lip... check
            ms grill... check
            ms sideskirts... check
            ms rear skirts... check
            ms spoiler... check
            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

I have a 1st gen 323 w/ 2" drop sprint springs and I cut it about 1 1/2 coil to drop it to 3" or probably more. The car don't really bounce around like those lil civic's w/ ebay coilovers but it does bootom out sometimes when there a dip on the road. other than that I like how mine sits. O yeah, mine is so low that when you place a soda can on the road on its side and i ran through it I'll hit it.

Comment

I have KYB GR2 wrapped with Apex 1.6 incxh drop progressive.. seriously, it's great, handles like a charm, and never bottoms out...

Comment

lol this thread is old

anyhow i still havent lowered my car yet but im leaving here in a few weeks so i wont be able to do it maybe at the end of this summer. we will just have to see!

i wish they had an air ride kit for our cars....... haha
                  Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 05-29-2005, 07:10 PM.

Comment

How big of wheels you thinking of running?? I have 18x7 wrapped in 215/35 series tire with H&R springs.......rides nice.Handles beautiful.

Comment

14 - 17 at the most, i dont know what i want yet

Comment

Working...
                      X