No announcement yet.

crunk pop sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do u think thats whats making that sound?...or do u have any idea what it is??

Comment

i have no idea...i dunno very much about that, other than the name of the part and that it is there.

Comment

well rubber on the CV and spring look pretty good ... i'd really like to find out wtf this is cause its starting to bug me i dont want what ever it is to fail entirely . and i have the 1997 1.5L se or es which ever
        im not so comfortable with my dealer some of the guys there seem to be the type to try to rip you off. i tried turning the wheel out and just seeign if anything looked broken, out of place but all seemed to be ok i realize taking the wheel off going under the car is the best way but 1 its winter and 2 this is my first car so i dont have experience troubleshooting suspention

Comment

change your cv axel...should look something like so http://minidriven.com/images/PICT0860.JPG sorry just picked the first picture from google(not your actual cv axel)
          the ball-baring inside the rubber part is probably phuked(shattered, gone bye bye)

the popping noise is when your turn?? then that's what it is..figure out which side and change it
          Originally posted by 90prtege
          have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
          Originally posted by Turpro
          Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
          CRZbrussian: that sux
          CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
          CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

yea the boot almost looks brand new thats the wierd part but yea i agree it is probly pooched

Comment

Originally posted by noxygen
              yea the boot almost looks brand new thats the wierd part but yea i agree it is probly pooched
              yeah the boot won't change the look...it's the insides that will completely demolish...if you open it up there'll be a nice big bulge of grease and balls that are detached from the bearing, or just not look where they supposed to be (or atleast that what it should be i believe)
              have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!

Comment

Cut your wheels all the way to one side and from a stop accel. Now cut the wheels the other way and accel from a stop again . If you here a steady crack crack crack sound - its the axle. If the noise is a crack sound when the suspension moves like wieght shift in a turn ,braking or funny bumps in the road that only one wheel would hit I would go for front sway bar links , sway bar bushing or a lower ball joint. With sway bar links gone you will be able to move the pivot and feel the play/noise ( check upper-attached to strut and lower-attached to sway bar) If the ball joint is the cause you will have play at the wheel when it is jacked up of the ground-with the wheel on, also grab the lower control arm at the ball joint and try to move it up and down . Hope this helps. And the bolts that you grind are for the sway bar links - They never want to come off ,just spin.
                98 protege lx 1.8l
                short ram intake custom
                crane hi-6 ign.
                14 miata alloy wheels
                .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

Well, i took out the wheel and i found out that the boot was broken, so i just bought a new axle and problem was solved! thanks a lot guys

Comment

Originally posted by latinohottie
                    Well, i took out the wheel and i found out that the boot was broken, so i just bought a new axle and problem was solved! thanks a lot guys
                    woot good to hear to solved it!

Comment

Working...
                    X