lower but by how much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your tires 40's or 50's?

i had 50's and i rubbed with a 205, but again, thats a 2.25in drop...
    98 Protege SE
    -------------------
    1.5L Turbo

Comment

So good news is................I've got a 2" drop all the way around. Took quite a while. but few tries and it's solid, rides way above expectations!!!! Bad news..........Need to ask if I should get a Camber kit, and alignment? smooth running no drift or pull, no toe in or out! Have noticed some 1st gens say no and some say yes, I have not seen any coments about this topic in 2gen threads!!! Anyone, will post new pic after I give her a bath!
      sigpic

Comment

wait for a week, let the springs settle, then get an alignment done..
        98 Protege SE
        -------------------
        1.5L Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Clappy
          your tires 40's or 50's?

i had 50's and i rubbed with a 205, but again, thats a 2.25in drop...
          think i got 45

Comment

my 16x7's had 205/40/16 tires.
            Almost there

jdm tails... check
            jdm bumper... check
            ms lip... check
            ms grill... check
            ms sideskirts... check
            ms rear skirts... check
            ms spoiler... check
            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

definitely get an alignment. you may not notice it but your tires are already balding unevenly.

remembered a time back home (with a different car) installed brand new bridgestone 195 / 50 R 15. felt PERFECT so didnt bother getting an alignment. one day my brother used the car, coming back home i was holding the gate of the house when i saw him turn and saw the inside all bald while the outside were still like new.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
              Mods:
              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

go

for allignment..u need this if you going to keep your mags and tyres for a while..as you don't want to torture your expensve tyres..it's for your own safety as well.. Im glad u pick the 2' drop..as 95-98 won't go low as much as we want..the stock shocks is pretty high so no matter how short springs you put it on..did you realize that ur 2' drop springs ..did not actually low your car for 2'nchez???? now if anyone you guys saw a super low 95-98 protege..it's either they compressed the stock shocks..or installed a adjustable shocks suspension..or maybe the trunk is full of weight lol..
                Attached Files
                IT'Z NOT ALWAYS ABOUT SPEED..

Comment

Or airride.....:D

Comment

Going to get that alingment this week!!! no sagging or settling, think it feels pretty good, still feel no pull or see any toe in or out but piece of mind sounds best to me at this point!!! Didn't give her a bath in this pic but will post more later and here she is. you can see the difference between the pics below and on the left the difference in drop!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

i am lowering my 98protege lx today a 1.8 front/ 1.7 rear sprint springs with kyb gr2s and new top mounting bearing plate. if all goes well ill have a pic for you later today so wish me luck.

Comment

BANG

BANG

BANG

one gun shot for each year
                        | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

lmao!
                          Originally posted by Kitty
                          3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics
                          Originally posted by almighty4wd
                          .......Dude. You own an ECONOBOX. It is not a racecar....

Comment

Originally posted by redline2000 View Post
                            i am lowering my 98protege lx today a 1.8 front/ 1.7 rear sprint springs with kyb gr2s and new top mounting bearing plate. if all goes well ill have a pic for you later today so wish me luck.
                            Make your own thread.

Comment

why doesnt someone buy my Apex lowering springs?
                              (shameless plug)