No announcement yet.

i want some new struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I need to take a picture still of whats going on.

right passenger side front strut has the boot gone. Ive never replaced stuts on a car before I dont have any special tools. Its a pretty mushy ride at the moment but livable...

It seems to me something I dont want to mess with, dont want to screw up the ride height of my daily driver. Or if I do, Ive got to get my geo running perfect first. lol only it needs new struts AND springs too, only much worse. But Im more likely to practice on that car right now.

So anyhow Im not sure when I can take this project on. Its more likley Ill end up going to sears when they have free installation of monroe struts. And only get the front ones as well...

Or if I can find a mechanic thats going to install 4 for $100 or so, so $300 out the door someday seems fine.Ill order these gr2s. Anyone know the cost of the mazdaspeed ones?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/stamar
    :microwave

Comment

ok well i dont see any mazdaspeed struts for 95-98 proteges at corksport.

the mazdaspeed struts they have for other cars cost 215$ apeice. Is that what the ones that are for our car cost? Well forget it lol.

So 98 pro says that 4 kyb agx cost in the $300 range? Anyone have any line on that? Or these tokico struts?

I cant think of any reason why the springs on this car are bad. What would i do to diagnose this better?

The springs on my metro, well theyre shot. pretty easy to diagnose its a lowrider and its mr toads wild ride. stiff suspension there in a way um... not stable. Its a perfect combination of being jarring and floating.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/stamar
      :microwave

Comment

and corksport sells the mazdaspeed struts which are 4-way adjustable made by kyb-

what makes theese not agx's.
        there made by kyb. there adjustable.
        thats what kyb agx's are.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

well your telling people they're agx's for the protege. people go looking for them and think they're readily available.

but the mazdaspeed struts are strickly for japan, not sold in the us. we need to use the correct label, not to confuse people. i hate reposting and reiterating stuff...i'm not as bored as you.
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Mazdaspeed adjustables aren't KYB AGX, they're Mazdaspeed Adjustables that happen to be made by KYB. If you go looking for them you won't find just one strut with two names.

95 Pro, do you have a link to the Tokico struts? Are they adjustable?

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard
              Mazdaspeed adjustables aren't KYB AGX, they're Mazdaspeed Adjustables that happen to be made by KYB.
              amen brother.

Originally posted by firelizard
              95 Pro, do you have a link to the Tokico struts? Are they adjustable?

tokico's aren't adjustable. stiffer than the kyb's by just a little bit though, they ride nice on oem springs.

i have no linky, but i might be able to grab then model# off of the actual strut body, when i get the chance(not soon).
              Last edited by 95pro; 07-13-2006, 02:36 PM.
              Almost there

jdm tails... check
              jdm bumper... check
              ms lip... check
              ms grill... check
              ms sideskirts... check
              ms rear skirts... check
              ms spoiler... check
              ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
              Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Working...
              X