X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
    B+G Extreme is supposed to drop 2.25"
    RS*R springs will give you -2"
    I'm using RS*R springs. I'd state my claim my springs are lower than the B+G Extreme's.

How it looks in the rear, on stock struts. Still captive at full extension.
    Andrew
    1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
    My Familia

Comment

is it a pain in the ass putting just a coilover sleeve on? anyone know? and approximately the time it will take?
      1998 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by 96Familia View Post
        I'm using RS*R springs. I'd state my claim my springs are lower than the B+G Extreme's.

How it looks in the rear, on stock struts. Still captive at full extension.
        so u just put on new springs and left the stock struts? i heard that u get alot of bounce if u leave them stock, is that true?
        **SOLD**
        Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

Only if your springs are too stiff your your struts.
          Most springs for the BH are more looks oriented so they're not too stiff.

Comment

Only if your springs are too stiff your your struts.
            Most springs for the BH are more looks oriented so they're not too stiff.
            so in otherwords, it wouldnt be that bad leaving the stock struts on awhile?
            **SOLD**
            Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

Nope.
              The only issue that may become an, uh, issue, is the age of the struts.
              Fresh struts with new springs is a good idea.

Comment

Nope.
                The only issue that may become an, uh, issue, is the age of the struts.
                Fresh struts with new springs is a good idea.
                Exactly. I haven't changed my stock struts out yet because I figured since I'll have to change them eventually, might as well get full use out of the stock ones before changing over.
                Last edited by 96Familia; 01-20-2007, 06:54 PM.
                Andrew
                1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
                My Familia

Comment

What exactly is the best way to lower a car correctly. Not what brand, but set up. Lowering springs, new struts, or coilovers. Im not sure what exactly the best way would be. I don't want to lower it too much because vermont winters aren't so good on cars. Are there adjustable ways of lowering it during the summer and raising it back up to stock height for winter?
                  sigpic

Comment

Lowering springs, coilovers, hydraulics, and air suspension are all correct ways to lower a car.

Only the last 3 offer adjustable height - and only the last two offer remote adjustable height.

Struts don't lower your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeekster1 View Post
                      What exactly is the best way to lower a car correctly. Not what brand, but set up. Lowering springs, new struts, or coilovers. Im not sure what exactly the best way would be. I don't want to lower it too much because vermont winters aren't so good on cars. Are there adjustable ways of lowering it during the summer and raising it back up to stock height for winter?
                      id say if u needed 2 raise her up for snow, go coilovers. a bit more $$, but better then messin up ur bumper by hitting snow banks.
                      **SOLD**
                      Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

my stock shocks need replacing. i dont want to spend a lot of money on this car. i do want to replace the shocks and was looking to put lowering springs cause ill be doing the work already (2" drop is fine). will i still be able to get a proper alignment or will i have excesive camber?

anybody recommend shocks to buy (inexpensive)?, i dont race i dont corner, i just want a more stable ride and lower stance. a link would be great.

i found this site that sells springs for under $200, again i dont race i dont corner, just want a lower stance:

check it out...
                        http://www.yarilswork.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tylordurben View Post
                          my stock shocks need replacing. i dont want to spend a lot of money on this car. i do want to replace the shocks and was looking to put lowering springs cause ill be doing the work already (2" drop is fine). will i still be able to get a proper alignment or will i have excesive camber?

anybody recommend shocks to buy (inexpensive)?, i dont race i dont corner, i just want a more stable ride and lower stance. a link would be great.

i found this site that sells springs for under $200, again i dont race i dont corner, just want a lower stance:

http://www.aplusperformance.com/cata...ywords=protege

just get some kyb gr-2's, btw at all four corners are STRUTS. and do a search on the kyb gr2's.
                          Almost there

jdm tails... check
                          jdm bumper... check
                          ms lip... check
                          ms grill... check
                          ms sideskirts... check
                          ms rear skirts... check
                          ms spoiler... check
                          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

GR-2 is pretty much the only struts you can still buy new in North America without your head exploding trying to find them.
                            Maybe if you went to the dealership you could get the OEM Tokico struts but neither is a performance strut.

Comment

gr2's and the tokico's are equal, BUT not in price. gr2's can be found cheaper than the tokico's. last time i checked tokicos were $100/each, that was 4years ago. gr2 can be had for less than $200 shipped on ebay:
                              Almost there

jdm tails... check
                              jdm bumper... check
                              ms lip... check
                              ms grill... check
                              ms sideskirts... check
                              ms rear skirts... check
                              ms spoiler... check
                              ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                              Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

thanks, 95pro i went ahead and bought those struts they were about $185 shipped. looking to buy springs now. i started a thread asking for advice:

check it out...
                                http://www.yarilswork.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X