• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes you need new struts with ground controls
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
      yes you need new struts with ground controls
      man this is the biggest head ache
      and i need to change those struts soon
      would i be able to put on new struts
      like the kyb onez
      and always throw on b&g springs or even that
      ground control coil over kit more in the summer
      | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

you could do that but it requires the same work twice. i had a set of ground controls on my old 98 GTI and i hated them, i never raised them and the slam wasnt enough, on that car i did end up buying full coilovers.

why dont you just cut 1 coil off your stock springs and put the new shocks? those tall stock springs have plenty to be removed before you affect your shock. its a thought and its free, im thinking thats what i should have done.
        check it out...
        http://www.yarilswork.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tylordurben View Post
          you could do that but it requires the same work twice. i had a set of ground controls on my old 98 GTI and i hated them, i never raised them and the slam wasnt enough, on that car i did end up buying full coilovers.

why dont you just cut 1 coil off your stock springs and put the new shocks? those tall stock springs have plenty to be removed before you affect your shock. its a thought and its free, im thinking thats what i should have done.

well i got me those
          4 kyb gr2 struts and they ran me about
          55 buckz a piece alot better than alot of places so i'm waiting for those to come in
          and to be honest man for my everyday car i wouldn't mind sitting at where your at right now
          so do you think
          the ground controls
          would get me that low

Comment

nice, $55 each is a decent deal. GC's drop over an inch, but not greater than 2. get 5 really really fat people to sit in your car to get an idea what that'll be like.
            No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
              nice, $55 each is a decent deal. GC's drop over an inch, but not greater than 2. get 5 really really fat people to sit in your car to get an idea what that'll be like.
              not on the second gen.
              If you get them mounted correctly you can diffintly get a 2-2.5in drop. Your struts wont last for shi- but you can diffintly get 2inches+.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
              Originally posted by HopelessCow
              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

yes with coilovers on a 2nd gen. 2" or greater drop is acheiveable.
                Almost there

jdm tails... check
                jdm bumper... check
                ms lip... check
                ms grill... check
                ms sideskirts... check
                ms rear skirts... check
                ms spoiler... check
                ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

does anybody here have regular springs that haven't been modified
                  and not coilovers
                  cause im confused...

tylordurben.. got a "descent drop" with those 2.25 b&g'z after mods
                  and no other springs that goes for the 95-98 protege gives you that much
                  anybody
                  used different springs
                  and got a good drop out of them
                  like the h&r'z or something

Comment

i hear ya cause i too wanted a descent drop and nobody claimed more than the B&G with the 2.25" so thats what i went with and then obviously had to modify.

i personally dont think ill spend the money on "sleeve" coilovers ever again. dont get all confused. find the springs shop around and if not cut your stock springs 1 coil. it will be about the same drop and maybe ride quality will be just a bit slushier than mine.

kitty why is that you say the struts wont last?
                    check it out...
                    http://www.yarilswork.com/

Comment

i want those same b&g'z
                      i called the guy today who i tink you got yourz from
                      saberperformance up in here in canada
                      he said he looked up for me
                      and the 2.25" ones
                      are discontinued

Comment

For the record, I have a hard time finding places to scrape my car, and I'm at least 4" lower

So don't be afraid to go low - I noticed that was a concern on the previous page.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                          For the record, I have a hard time finding places to scrape my car, and I'm at least 4" lower

So don't be afraid to go low - I noticed that was a concern on the previous page.
                          im not scared to go low
                          im just trying to find me a way there
                          without coilovers

Comment

You could do air.

More expensive, but more comfortable.

Probably eats GR-2s for breakfast though. Would need Koni inserts, I hear those are shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                              You could do air.

More expensive, but more comfortable.

Probably eats GR-2s for breakfast though. Would need Koni inserts, I hear those are shorter.
                              hmmm
                              i was wondering
                              cause some1 asked that
                              sooo
                              if i get those ground control coilover springs
                              i need koni inserts

butt
                              y do they eat struts?

Comment

Air would eat struts because if you ride low, you'll be riding with your struts compressed all the time. Like riding with a trunk full of bricks all the time.
                                It won't be like weekly strut replacing, but more often than stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X