Low ride plus comfort. Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's not bad,
    some things I have noticed is that the front will bottom out quick ... the rear is ok ..
    The ride is great. I have no complaints there, It's like 10 times better than coilovers and there is non of that bouncy crap, going on like I saw with this civic today that I new had coilovers on it ..
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

2.25" drop and stock struts?

Comment

no, I have mazdaspeed 4 way adjustable shocks.

I had the kyb's also and the ride was ok, but the thing was those shocks were pretty dead from having the weapon R's on them ...

I think the spring rate on the BG springs could also be a bit stiffer to, It feals kinda soft at times.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

so, stock shocks/struts (what's the difference?) are pretty much a no-no, huh?

Comment

I never said that.

You can use stock struts.. As long as they are still good.
            How many miles do you have on your car?
            How does the car ride?

You can also keep in mind that you can upgrade to the kyb gr2 struts, which are a stock replacement for about 250 to 300 bucks.
            Get those and get the Intrax springs. You will be happy.
            But if your stock struts are good, then you could keep them and run the Intrax springs, which would save you some cash.

It depends on your money situation and wheather or not you will be the person changing your shocks and springs.
            Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Bruce, my car has about 65K miles on it. Do you think that the struts need to be replaced?

As far as ride quality... I can't tell you how good the ride is. Compared to my dad's 2001 Mercury Cougar mine rides like ****, but that's not a fare comparison, is it?

Comment

Only you will know how your car rides and handles.

You should know if your car has a double bounce after going over soft bumps or if you feal the car hitting the bump stops a lot ..

You have to know your car, how it corners, how it accelerates and so on ..

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Bruce, I don't think my shocks are dead. My car's ride is not as comfortable as my dad's car (or an Acura TL 3.2 .. or a 2001 Nissan Maxima's ride), but there's no "double bounce" or anything like that. I just feel a bit more of the potholes than I would feel in the other two cars I mentioned. I've always thought that it's because my car is lighter and I get more noise from the outside as compared to the other two cars...

Comment

Im in the same situation Intruder... Marc93lx has the Intrax's and he is has been on stock struts for 3 years or something... You can talk to him and see what he says... He has first gen and they gave him about a 2" drop.

I think that I only want about a 1 inch drop... It would be for looks mainly, and my car is a daily driver... I also had a brief conversation with bruce today about the same situation.

Now your big decision is "what springs am I going to get?"... Shoooot... good luck with that one...
                    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Many people seem to be doing alright with stock struts, so that is set. Now I am trying to figure out if I want to go as low as 2" - I cannot visualise it. Bruce says lowering the 2nd gen 1" is worthless.

Comment

oh well i got my eibach's already so im gonna keep them and lower it the 1.2 or whatever it was cant remember and use my stock ones. i dont have any double bounce'n crap so should be good...

Comment

Yup, I just got back home from a 2 hour ride in my car. I was testing my car stereo upgrade and meanwhile I was paying attention to how my car responds to bumps and pot holes. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that my tank is full, but the ride was pretty smooth. This confirms that my stock struts should do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                            Many people seem to be doing alright with stock struts, so that is set. Now I am trying to figure out if I want to go as low as 2" - I cannot visualise it. Bruce says lowering the 2nd gen 1" is worthless.
                            I am telling you ,, get the intrax springs.
                            They will be good for what you need and drop the car 1.8 inches. It will take them a little while to settle but they will be good money.

i can email you photo's of my car when I had them on if you want .
                            Bruc e

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

intruder... the other night I took went over to the storage unit and and brought back one of the wheels and put it on to show ya... sorry folks for the dirty car... weather started acting up again so the ****y frontend is back on again so not to screw the new one up.... anyway here is my unclean car in a gallery with the wheels

definetely gonna have to put those springs on.... damn goofy wheel well gap

Comment

also to let everyone know, +45 will work on a 2nd gen(since I researched and no one could tell me)and works fine. still not sure about when it is lowered but should be the same

Comment

Working...
                                X