No announcement yet.

Low ride plus comfort. Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey asylum, thanks for the pics man. I looked at the other folders there and saw this:

How did you "tint" the windows? I know you Photoshop-ed them, but how? Did you use a fill layer and adjust the opacity?

Comment

just selected the windos and then created a new layer and changed it from a normal layer to an overlay or multiply layer(cant remember for sure) and the just bumped it down a bit in opacity to about 50% then just copied that layer and pasted it above it lower then opacity down to about 20% and then erased the windshield and the frotn windows so that the back windows were darker

Comment

I see. I'm gonna try that later... Thanks!

Comment

Funny thing the car feels a lot better since time has passed with the installation of the rear discs. The clutch has broken in and the brakes feal a lot stronger.
          At this point they are Very sharp. I am however going to order new pads from www.mazdaformance.com for the rear and also the front after I install the ES bigger front brakes ...
          Bruce
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
            after I install the ES bigger front brakes ...
            is this easy? how hard is it to locate ES front discs?

Comment

check ur pms

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

This is basically what my car looks like with the springs that i have on the car. The BG springs. I do have to becareful with some bumps as the front does bottom out at time.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Bruce, do you have more pics?

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    This is basically what my car looks like with the springs that i have on the car. The BG springs. I do have to becareful with some bumps as the front does bottom out at time.

hey bruce, what's the drop of those BG springs? 2.25" or 1.5"?

I'm looking at the intrax springs right now but I'm worried they're gonna lower my car too much....

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                      just buy reman calipers from the parts store and get the rotors along with it and bolt the **** on
                      when I go to the store they're gonna ask me what car I got. do I have to lie to them I have an ES or just say LX?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                        what do you think?
                        I want to say LX but then some idiot might start arguing they won't fit or work... Just like someone at a dealership refused selling the ZFR5F-11 spark plugs to Lil Freak...

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

.....awsome, i've been waiting for somebody to post a pic comparing the different drops on rides. You da' man
                            thnx

Comment

Keep in mind that if you end up using your stock struts they will die much sooner with a drop. It could happen in a month or a year but the added stress from the drop will shorten their life. This means you'll have to do another install + pay for an alignment again. Save your cash and do everything at once. I have a 1st gen and I can tell you that with 17" wheels and a more aggressive suspension setup, ride comfort goes down the drain......but who needs ride comfort anyways
                              -------------------------
                              '91 LX
                              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                              -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I ordered the KYB struts. I'm still having doubts about the springs though... Ahh, why is it so difficult to decide...

Comment

Working...
                                X