Low ride plus comfort. Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I received my KYB GR-2s today.
    I'm gonna wait for the springs to come in and install them all at once.

Comment

sexay.... pretty sure im gonna install my lowering springs soon cuz my dad is paying for an alignment so why not do it now and not have to pay for it....

BTW can i get an alignment with my 13's on the front and then when it gets closer to spring put my 17's back on the front even though my lowering springs are already on? like will going from 13 lowered change anything when i got to 17 lowered? or will i HAVE to get another alignment?

Comment

Anyone be able to say what the ride is like on dropzone coil springs? There's a set I was looking at with a full 2 inch drop.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
          sexay.... pretty sure im gonna install my lowering springs soon cuz my dad is paying for an alignment so why not do it now and not have to pay for it....

BTW can i get an alignment with my 13's on the front and then when it gets closer to spring put my 17's back on the front even though my lowering springs are already on? like will going from 13 lowered change anything when i got to 17 lowered? or will i HAVE to get another alignment?
          You will need to do an alignment whenever you go from 13s to 17s, or vice versa.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by brad98
            Anyone be able to say what the ride is like on dropzone coil springs? There's a set I was looking at with a full 2 inch drop.
            Dont get the dropzones, their springs rates are 450/350. Thats way too stiff and the fact that you'll be riding low. You'll be bouncing all over the place on your seat.
            James G.
            sobe83@yahoo.com
            AIM: DVS 323BPT
            MySpace
            Cardomain
            <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

thanx...I figured as much

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                You will need to do an alignment whenever you go from 13s to 17s, or vice versa.
                no he doesn't ..
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by limpgtx
                  Dont get the dropzones, their springs rates are 450/350. Thats way too stiff and the fact that you'll be riding low. You'll be bouncing all over the place on your seat.
                  yeah I want to get a set of ground controls for my 323 ...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    no he doesn't ..
                    He does if the over all diameter of the wheel is not the same.
                    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

you sure you're not thinking aboutspeedometer calibration? I can't see how the rolling diameter of a whell and tire combo would throw off the alignment

Comment

i would guess its because you have more wheel between the spindle and the ground. thus um....putting the toe? out of wack. thats a good question to ask jesse. i was also told if you jump from 14 to 17 or 18 then you need to get an alighnment but i always thought that was because of wheel and tire width.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

the toe won't go anywhere, just from changing rims and tires.. neither will your camber.

If your camer is at -1 degree with a set of 18's then it will be -1 degree's with a set of 15's ..
                          When you lower and raise the car is when you have the problem of the camber and the toe changeing.

I used to go back and forth from 13's to 14's to 16's and never had a problem, car still tracked straight with no problems.
                          When I had my coils though, if I raised or lowered the car the toe would change causeing the car to steer all screwy...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

ok then good to know bruce. but does width affect the alignment.
                            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                            X