No announcement yet.

Stock sway bar information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, unfortunately, affording the sway bar, at either price is no problem. Its the struts that are gunna get me. Basically, jobless post graduate status is killin me.

Why does the construction industry have to go to crap when i want a job?
    sigpic

Comment

i am trying to upgrade all the suspension on my '97 protege,and i dont have a sway bar. would the stock sway bar make a huge difference? or should i just look for a aftermarket rear sway?
      Originally posted by Kitty
      3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics
      Originally posted by almighty4wd
      .......Dude. You own an ECONOBOX. It is not a racecar....

Comment

stock is better than nothing... bigger is always better in this situ
        95 ES
        05 S60R

Comment

unless you're getting the awr 21mm bar that kills people dead with its largeness just get a stock setup for now. You can upgrade to the smaller awr bar down the road and have all the accessories to bolt it up.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

is there a bracket that i can get for my struts to hold the sway bar,you know without welding???
            3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics

Comment

oh yea kitty,by the way,do you still have the stock swaybar and those brackets for sale? i saw your sale thread and i wasnt sure if they are still available....

Comment

I usualy have one in stock at all times.

And you'd be better off just replacing all the struts instead of having tabs welded onto them.

The last time I had the awr bar rip a tab off it was $25 to fix it. You can get a full set of kyb's for $200. And seing as they would have to measure/cut/measure it would be cheaper just to replace all the struts.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

AWR big sway is great but i broke my adj. end link on the treads. I really wonder how much of a difference the stock sway bar will affect the performance of the vehicle. With no adj. end links and a considerablely smaller diameter, i don't seem the real benefit compared to spending $200 plus some change to have a sweet performance add on.

Comment

Atleast the stock bar wont break ****.

And hell this is a platform where people don't want to spend anymoney so a stock "upgrade" is a plus.
                      Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Giant swaybar that breaks thing eh? Cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X