want replace broken struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txmzdspd2gen View Post
    GUys just wanna know. My car is like low...The rear is like a finger gap or less. I want to get it a bit taller, should i need a bump stop or is there something i can put in the spring to get it a tad higher? I like the looks but sometimes when i load groceries, t kinda looks really low, like tucked in.
    Not much you can do other than lengthen the spring somehow.
    If you are using drop springs ,they tend to compress quite a bit at the top.
    There used to be rubber things you put between the coils to prevent them from compessing all the way.Look at your rear springs and the top coils are most likely fully compressed and not really doing anything while under full droop.I dont see any reason while putting some rubber between them will affect anything performance wise.
    You could also try taking a piece of high quality rubber hose with an inner diameter the same size as the diameter as your springs steel and cut it so it will slip over the coils.This will keep the springs from going metal on metal between coils and give you a little lift.
    Attached Files