Front & Rear Strut Bars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front & Rear Strut Bars...

have any of you purchased these off e-bay?

i know the quality cant be great for the price, just would like to know any experience with them.
    check it out...
    http://www.yarilswork.com/

For the front, you'll probably have to redrill the holes unless you're lucky because these are usually meant for the BG Chassis (1st Gen).

The rear will fit IIRC, but you'll have to trim some of the metal away from inside the trunk around the strut tower, to allow the bar to fit
    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

cool,

seen that the front wont match. the 2nd gen has 3 strut bolts while that brace has 4. its also rather thin where the new hole will need to go. then the other 2 holes will need to be welded shut.

seen a post about the rear. yeah, some metal triming to drop the ends then bolt the bar in so the wholes wont be so big.

thanks.
      check it out...
      http://www.yarilswork.com/

Comment

i'd love to have a strut bar too.. blah, y can't stuff for our cars be common like civics,.. well i guess i'll contradict myself there, then it probs wudn't be that great to see a done up protege.. it'll be just like every other one
        | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

maybe a lil off topic but, how effective is a rear strut bar?
          Originally posted by Kitty
          3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics
          Originally posted by almighty4wd
          .......Dude. You own an ECONOBOX. It is not a racecar....

Comment

Originally posted by tylordurben View Post
            cool,

seen that the front wont match. the 2nd gen has 3 strut bolts while that brace has 4. its also rather thin where the new hole will need to go. then the other 2 holes will need to be welded shut.

seen a post about the rear. yeah, some metal triming to drop the ends then bolt the bar in so the wholes wont be so big.

thanks.
            You can probably get away without welding the extra two holes shut, but that's not a bad idea.
            1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Working...
            X