No Brakes when engine is running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Brakes when engine is running

My issue is that my brakes are rock solid with the engine off.
    When the engine is on, the brakes are just about gone.

Before the obvious answers come up, here is what I have done:
    1) All 4 wheels have new pads and discs
    2) All 4 calipers have been replaced
    3) All Brake lines and hoses have been replaced
    4) Master cylinder has been replaced
    5) Brake booster has been replaced
    6) Entire system has been properly bled

Now, what else can I do?

Like I said, the brakes are super great with the car off but once the engine
    is running, the pedal goes right to the floor and have almost no stopping power.

I would really like advice on what to do next as I have already spent almost$2500 on this problem and it is still there.

HELP!!!!

I bet you put the vacuum line for the brake booster on backwards. There is a check valve in it that is supposed to keep the booster from loosing vacuum. If it's on backwards the booster never gets a vacuum to operate.

Comment

same thing i was just thinking actually
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Working...
      X