Problems with brakes after installing/ bleeding new front brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with brakes after installing/ bleeding new front brakes

I replaced the front calipers, rotors and pads on my 95 because the driver side caliper was locking up. After replacing them the driver caliper was still locking up when I had to brake hard, so I warrantied the caliper and replaced the hose as well. Now the brake pedal goes all the way to the floor and the driver side caliper won't clamp at all. We even bled the fronts until all the air was out. There was much more fluid pressure coming from the passenger side bleeder than the driver side. The only thing I can think of is the master cylinder. Is that likely the problem? Any input is appreciated.

If you let the prop valve drain you will need to bleed all 4lines starting with passenger rear , then DSRear then pass front then last Ds front.

Sent from my iPhone5
    using Tapatalk

Comment

We bled all 4 as per your suggestion, and still nothing happened. So we took off the lines right at the master to see what kind of pressure we were getting from the master and there was hardly anything. We changed the master cylinder, bled all 4 brakes and the clutch and I have brakes again. Thanks for the input though.

Comment

Working...
      X