eibach...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dodson3
    sfxperformance.com took care of me,i recieved my pro kit today .they were quick about it ,in fact they weren't the people that messed up my order.It was their distributer that labeled the box wrong.just wanted to clear that up.i got my kyb gr2's and this weekend i finally get to lower my car.
    I went to sfxperformance.com, and checked all the springs they have, but I didn't see an Eibach Pro-kit that fits your car. Have in mind that the Pro-kit labeled 98-2003, will not fit your car. It is for a 3rd gen Protege.

Comment

no way!

man that's the last thing i wanna hear! you gotta be kidding me, if i got another wrong kit i'm gonna flip.you sure that kit won't fit?i let em know it was a 98.how could it be that much different?# on springs reads 5540.002.

Comment

Well, I can't confirm the part numbers, but I know this -- the kits that are advertised for 98-2004 Protege's will not work in a 2nd gen car. There is a mistake or something... The 3rd gens supposedly came out in 98 but weren't for sale in the US till 99, so that's where the confusion comes from. Even though your car is a 98, and the kit is advertised as being for a 98 Protege, it will not work.... It is for a 3rd gen Pro. I have not heard of anyone using 3rd gen springs on their 2nd gen.

Sorry man. The Eibach springs were discontinued a looong time ago, and unless you find them used, you aren't getting any. I would recommend the H&R springs in that case. You can check for part numbers here: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27
        Last edited by Intruder; 03-31-2004, 06:41 PM.

Comment

That Really Sucks!

It's crazy how i can be happy 1 minute then totally pissed the next.that company is horrible!i'm defiantly getting my money back!thanks for the help intruder at least i relized this before i tried installing them.you saved me 240$..when will i ever get my pro lowered?...the things i go through..

Comment

I know of a company that will sell you the H&R springs for $200 (includes shipping). I found them selling H&R springs for Hondas, etc. on ebay and I asked them if they could find the Protege part numbers, and they gave me that price.

Supposedly the H&R springs are of higher quality than Eibach. I've heard people saying that the eibachs sag, etc.

Comment

hmm. I guess when you get them , you can line them up on the shocks and see if the base and the top mounts fit up properly .. If they do , consider yourself lucky.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

mania. the pics you posted and said where the front... thats what my rear ones look like according to theposts...they have more coils at the end of it and the front ones are short and fat and the coils are spaced out evenely... u sure those are the front and not the back? im so confused. i wish these damn things had come with instructions

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                  mania. the pics you posted and said where the front... thats what my rear ones look like according to theposts...they have more coils at the end of it and the front ones are short and fat and the coils are spaced out evenely... u sure those are the front and not the back? im so confused. i wish these damn things had come with instructions
                  i'm confused now too...it might not be the front now that i look at it. screw what i said, just know this.
                  the shorts are the front and the longs are the back. forget everything else you've heard.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                  Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                  I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

k i may try to put them on tonight or otommorrow

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                      k i may try to put them on tonight or otommorrow
                      do you have somebody to help you?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

yea. and if he cant figure it out... there is no help for my car lol...

Comment

are the H&R's powdercoated?

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                            are the H&R's powdercoated?
                            red

Comment

sweet, just ordered mine w/ the GR-2s

Comment

awesome!
                                how soon do you plan on installing them? make sure you take plenty of before and after pics ... for comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X