No announcement yet.

MazKid's project "Nice Car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really want to do this eventually. Are you keeping ac and ps?
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      I really want to do this eventually. Are you keeping ac and ps?
      Yeah, working on it! Looks like some custom line work but I plan on having fully functioning A/C, PS, and cruise control.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
        I'm just hoping it works. lol I understand why the other guy ran 2 ECUs now... trying to make 1 harness from 2 is quite the task.

This week I'm gonna try to get a radiator and the missing sensors I need... also need a Millenia throttle cable - couldn't get the P5 one mounted correctly but did get it working - installed 2 long 10mms into the intake manifold where the cable bracket normally is and the cable was held behind it, but I was told that this wasn't safe to drive with. :p
        I've been using the stock P5 throttle cable on the KLZE for 3 and a half years without issue. It'll be fine, just angle the bracket.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Which intake are you using again? I'm using the Millenia one and the bracket for the cable mounts it too far inward(sideways if that makes sense) and either too far forward or backwards depending which way I put it, and I'd also have to slot the holes to get it mounted on the manifold.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Curved neck ZE, I'm not an expert on the subtle differences with these engines though. I just remember it being a little tricky to get it to work.
            sigpic
            1992 Familia GT-X
            1988 323 GTX
            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Here's the manifold, if yours is the same you should be able to make it work.
              sigpic
              1992 Familia GT-X
              1988 323 GTX
              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

If it's not too much to ask, can ya take a pic of the throttle cable setup on yours?

My manifold is a curved neck too, I thought it was supposed to be the same as the ZE. I honestly don't remember, obviously it's been way too long since I've been active on this project - I started mine before yours if I remember correctly. LOL

Comment

I'll try and snap a pic for you tomorrow night.
                  sigpic
                  1992 Familia GT-X
                  1988 323 GTX
                  2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
                    I'll try and snap a pic for you tomorrow night.
                    Cool, no rush, I can't work on this thing during the week anyway.

Comment

get anything done lately?
                      Legendary Build LINK>

Comment

They're multiplying.

Comment

Glad to have you posting again!!! give up some more greasy details!
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

LOL, well as happens sometimes, this car found me.

One of the salesguys at my dealership quit, went to work for another dealer. Few weeks later he calls me saying he's got a customer with a Protege5 that needs an engine, wanted to know if I was interested in it. I said "of course I am!" hahah So I bought it. '02 auto, 180K miles, rod knock but runs/drives. I'm going to put an engine in it and sell it. Interior is mint, exterior has had work done but it's top-notch. New tires! Waiting for my brother to sell a fixer-upper Millenia so we have a space in his garage to throw an engine in this one, should be a couple of weeks.

And still the V6 car sits. Last time I worked on it was like 2 months ago, towed it into the shop, aired up the tires. Looked at it, looked in it, but it was late in the day and I didn't want to pull an all-nighter trying to get the wiring done.

Basically, need to finish the wiring, radiator/hoses, heater core hoses, A/C and PS lines, EGR block-off, throttle cable bracket, etc etc etc.

Delaying it worse than any Gran Turismo game at this point, with Protege5-C and the 323 GT... and the house. LOL Someday...

Comment

use the p5 radiator and grab a ford taurus radiator hose part number 72082 i believe it should be lone and kinda s shaped for the top line, you will need it trim one end of it and twist it slightly, and get a flexy hose 1" to 1 1/4 about 30 inches long for the lower line, for the PS use the p5 feed line and use half the p5 return and half of the kl return and hook the line together than a point where they split
                              ac use a probe v6 a/c compressor with stock p5 lines
                              and is the engine out of the car or in the car?

Comment

It's in the car, see a few pages back. Nice to have ya here BTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X