MazKid's project "Nice Car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It runs.

Need to get all of the vac lines done, setup PS, need the Probe A/C compressor. Intake piping. Exhaust, though I'll definitely drive it open Y-pipe. LOL Gotta plug the EGR inlet on the IM. Battery. Clutch line. Gotta install the radiator, need the right hoses for it. Need to work on the wiring, temp gauge inop, CEL inop, tach inop, don't know about the speedometer. Also need to get the drive belts on.

To hear it run was fantastic! Can't wait to drive it... if I get my act together, that could be next weekend.

Also, while my friend and I worked on the V6 car, my brother swapped in a FS in the blue P5. Everything went well... got oil in it, coolant... fired up fast. Ran for 2 minutes perfectly fine, fans kicked on, engine shut off abruptly. Engine acted locked up, and spit a ton of crap liquid out the exhaust... took the plugs out of it, cranked it, geysers of crap out of the cylinders... Cleaned it out, thought maybe in the progress of cleaning the engine some crap got in it. Fired it back up, it did the same thing. Fuel. It was after 11pm so we didn't have much choice but to push it out of the dealership and back to where it was parked. Ugh. Has to be something stupid electrically.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

^ that sounds like your injectors are sticking open...... id start by replacing those.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

check the fuel pressure regulator. get the car running again and pull the vac line off the regulator and see if fuel sprays out. if so the diaphram is ruptured, replace the regulator.
        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
        X