No announcement yet.

Jeffs MSP GTR Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda funny you're running that manifold without a turbo. lol.
    and it must not rain there. youd get all kinds of water in there.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

ya the 4-1 shorty works great. kills low end power but I have never had a BP rev like this.
      7800rpm redline and doesnt fall on its face after 6.5K like every other BP ive owned.

as for the filter, I am yet to have the slightest water related issue. But then again I drive on half decent roads and avoid big puddles. Either way unless its totally submerged while i am going WOT (who goes WOT in the rain?) it would not be the slightest issue as I clean it once a month. Its high enough not to hit speed bumps too.

I had a similar CAI in my mx6 for 2 years and even drove it through winter without issue.

if I lived in tropical climates I would be scared though lol
      Last edited by vtec-this; 09-04-2011, 02:06 PM.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
      2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
      Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

timing belt ftl

Here are some mock up pics of the turbo install. i am ordering a bunch of couplings and t bolts tomorrow. should be pretty close with the intake, turbo to ic pipe, rad hose and oil drain all together on that side of the engine bay but the piping route is ftw and I can build any style downpipe easily and if I decide to throw on one of those external wastegate adaptors in between the turbo and manifold for kicks at a later time it would be very easy to do all the piping as well.

Once the turbo is clocked straight down it should be the shortest possible piping route with a conventional fmic.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

which one of the 10mm's backed out & got caught on the lower pulley killing the belt??

Edit: theres a damn good reason i take off the timing cover backing plate. more functional than appearance even.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

still not sure what killed the belt I have not even taken the crank pulley off yet been too busy on setting up the turbo

clocked the turbo tonight so the compressor housing is pointed straight down. did some more work on the pipes. it goes 2" to 2.5" in a 90 degree coupler, small hardpipe, 90 degree 2.5 into IC. Its uber short.

Silex came by and we decided to redo the oil feed using brake lines and save my nice AN SS feed for the GTR motor.

Silex redid my ugly welds on the turbo outlet. 3" straight out of the turbine housing. Compared to even the corksport S pipe I had (and sold) for the FSDE, it appears like it will flow much better as the exhaust doesnt need to change direction right away since I dont have to worry about any accessories in the way (not that I have any, but compared to a stock msp) and the adaptor from the housing flange to the 3" section is a nice smooth premade piece that we cut down but still has a bit of a bellmouth transition. pics will depict this much better lol

I am hoping to be done all the work and have a rough tune by the end of the weekend providing everything keeps going well.

Comment

a matter of opinion. but a hardline for your oil feed is immensely cleaner than any SS braided crap.
              I use AN tube sleeves/nuts & build my own metal lines. just get your hands on a 37° flare tool & you'll be set.

PS: where are the pictars???
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

finished tacking the downpipe together. im pretty happy with how it turned out. It should be very interesting to see the T25 with the individual runner exhaust manifold and this 3" DP. I cant imagine backpressure will be an issue.

As you can see it clears everything nicely. Dont mind the oil/carbon soaked engine bay, I will clean it when she is together lol

Last edited by vtec-this; 09-08-2011, 10:13 PM.

Comment

that does look nice!!! anxious to see this completed with boost!!!

Comment

I must say I've never seen this swap done before. Pretty cool man.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

new couplings 4 ply with new tbolt clamps. should be good.

Comment

turbo clocked, proper couplers etc.

makes me laugh when i look at the old fmic setup on my 1st fsdet.

Comment

wow lol simplicity...so nice! looking real sharp man...when's the fire up/test drive date??
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

i keep dreaming about being done by sunday night but i just found out i have to work in the morning so i packed up for tonight. if i get out on time tomorrow i should be able to get most of the work done and try to tune sunday a bit. still having trouble with oil drain and finding rad coolant hoses the fit right. its doable, just need hoses with the right kinda bend to em.

Comment

well done!!!

Comment

If I had more $$ I would offer to come help, but I'm flat broke atm hope you get time to work on it!
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X