• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in for pics and does it have the itb's?
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

no itbs yet they are last on the list of parts to install. lots of other stuff to get sorted first.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
      2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
      Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

well i started tuning the car last night. Until last night I kept afrs super rich just to be safe for shakedown runs. I started slowly working the afrs towards 12:1. At low boost ~7-8psi the car pulls like a MSP running 10+psi now. It was pig rich before.

Then after all the things that could have gone wrong...the alternator died? I could not figure wtf happened to it. It has been perfect up until I started really beating on it last night. The + tap on the alternator was in bad shape. The nut holding the wire on was disintegrated and the wire was all burned up bad.

I installed my spare which is a bit noisey, but works and reran the + line.

After going through the setup the only thing I could find that might have been wrong was that I had a 80 amp fuse on the MSD blaster coil. I just looked at a how-to and apparently it is supposed to be only a 60amp. I am not sure if that could have contributed, but everything else seems perfect so I am not sure what could have happened. The failure happened with the car running pig rich at 19psi, spinning the tires into 3rd. Suddenly a big backfire and the lights got dim immediately.

Also wondering what people would suggest for spark plugs and gapping. I have never run boost anywhere near 19psi before so I think I need to slow down a bit and look over potential weak links. I am running 94 pump btw.

here is a pic of how I wrapped the DP. It gets a little close to the waterneck and the hot side intake plumbing, but the wrap seems to be doing its job. For now boost it back to just 7-8psi until i figure out what caused the electrical demons at 19psi.

this engine loves boost.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

only downgap if your having issues. until then leave it be
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

glad she's running good man! bk7re's are the plug of choice for BPs and boost
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
              glad she's running good man! bk7re's are the plug of choice for BPs and boost
              Yup, buy in bulk, change every 10 000 km.
              sigpic
              1992 Familia GT-X
              1988 323 GTX
              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

here are a few more pics of the setup.
                I lowered the boost back to 7psi (stock wg pressure) until
                I can be sure that I am out of the woods with electrical
                problems. I am still not 100% sure why my alternator died. It did have higher
                mileage but I wanna make sure everything is 100% before I start upping the boost again.

gotta pick up the last few t-bolt clamps as well

Comment

brampton to wasaga and back x 3 and a few thousand kms of DD since the install and she is still going strong. My ebc solenoid gave up last night which kind of sucks as im back down to low boost so if anyone has a spare solenoid from a blitz sbc-id send me a pm!

Comment

installed new bosch 7mm plug wires today as the ngks I stole from the gtr motor were literally falling apart when I removed them to check my plugs. Never used these bosch wires before I am hoping they are up to the task. they were cheap on ebay but at least have a lifetime warranty so i am hoping they can take igniting high boost. My MSD blaster2 coil got a little polishing as well. Still need to pickup those new plugs though still running around on the same plugs I used when n/a

Comment

wasaga's like 20 mins from my parents place! should let me know when you're going again, maybe we can meet up!
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
                        Yup, buy in bulk, change every 10 000 km.

Originally posted by Winnay
                        BKR7E. Biggest gap you can run without misfiring.

i think this is the plug you mention, the 4644

or do you think its worth looking into the V version?

wasaga's like 20 mins from my parents place! should let me know when you're going again, maybe we can meet up!
                        will do. I dont spend much time on the strip though usually just park not far from where that giant tiger was near the old paintball place. I park for free there and just walk down to the beach, usually with a few blonds to keep me company lol

Comment

well I ran all my wiring for the the megasquirt and some relays to the passenger foot well but I could never get the stock kickplate to work properly so I decided to pick up some diamond plate floor mats. Solves the problem of the kick plate and the problem of my ruined floor mats/carpeting. Got them front and back used from another forum. Pretty happy with them so far and they are actually much lighter than oem floor mats.

Comment

just got a brand new 1.6 z6 passenger side mount for fitment testing to replace my ugly custom mounts. will be mocking it up over the weekend.

the oddest part is that although it looks just like the other oem mazda mounts I have had, this one is LIQUID FILLED!

Not sure how much of a difference that will make, but i was very surprised when I shook it a bit and heard liquid moving around inside like i was shaking a bottle of water.

I sure dont remember my FSDE mount being liquid filled (unless it got accidentally punctured and drained) and I have heard of liquid filled mounts in nissans (pretty sure they have used them in datsuns for over 10 years now) but i never knew mazda made liquid mounts..or maybe its because it is an aftermarket OEM piece?

either way it looks like it will work out great! big thanks to jinx for the great idea!
                            Last edited by vtec-this; 08-31-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

mazda used liquid filled mounts in the 626 mx3 V6 and others
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

here is what the 1.6 mount looks like for those interested:

Comment

Working...
                                X