No announcement yet.

Jeffs MSP GTR Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luv how your project coming. I've been thinking of acquiring a 4wd BH chassis & do a similar swap with the 4wd setup of using the evo box, so i could go for the 400 whp mark from my bpt. Then i would add the Mazdaspeed Protege bodykit & suspension components to it. We have the basic jspec BH models Protege sedans with the 1600cc engine available here in Jamaica. For the BH chassis there are only 2 Mazdaspeed Proteges 2003.5 here in Jamaica both Titanium Grey, but there is a few usdm Mazda Protege5 around.

I can picture it now, the faces on those Evo & Subbies drivers as they try to run leave me in the corners or think they will catch me in the turns.
    Last edited by mazkam; 11-30-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

ya mon right near da beach

boooooooooyyeeeeee!!!!!!

it must kick ass to be in nice sunny jamaica all day. wanna trade? its -4 here in canada today and will get much much colder

I cant believe you guys even got 2 MSPs I didnt think they would bother sending them to your island as they are such a low volume car that not many people (aside from mazda enthusiasts) cared about. very cool.

thanks for the compliments! 400whp would be nuts regardless of fwd or awd, 4th and 5th would pull like superman

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
      2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
      Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Warm sunning weather for all day all nigh chills. I think i will pass on that one....lol

Both MSPs were purchased by the current owners overseas & shipped to Jamaica. We have quite few Mazdaspeed3 & Mazdaspeed6 also have the jspec Mazdaspeed Atenza & Axela MPS. Also have BG Familia GTX hatches & 2 GTX sedans and list goes of other BG Mazdas equip with turbocharged B5-T with the B6T management, B6-T, B6T, BP-T, BPT & the GTR BPD.

The reason why i would shoot for 400 whp is because it would better with 4wd & i am not feeling a 400 whp fwd as that would be more than a handful to handle. What would be sweeter is to have the Mazdaspeed6/Mazdaspeed Atenza engine & drivetrain swap into the 4wd BJ chassis, but my pocket is not that deep so i will settle for bpt engine & the evo gearbox conversion.

Your project is my inspiration.
        Last edited by mazkam; 12-10-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

this is one hella nice build. alot of time and money with much thought and tuning done.
          im officially jealous of youe gearhead abilities. bet i can drop you in computers though xD
          i love the MSPs and p5 xD
          Originally posted by atomicEGT
          having the fastest/most powerful VJ20 is like wanting to **** the prettiest girl in the trailer park

sure you can do it, but most people aren't gonna be impressed
          93 Merc Tracer - Daily Driver

Certified:
          CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Network+ | J-std

Comment

im officially jealous of youe gearhead abilities. bet i can drop you in computers though xD
            I manage tech issues for a point of sale company. Worst I have to do is MySQL editing and setting up enterprise software in server 2008 r2 etc. and setting up remote access to machines. Its a fun job but not 1337 by any means.
            Last edited by vtec-this; 01-09-2011, 03:17 PM.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

here is a video from the first start.

their was alot of smoke and all 4 cylinders are leaking which is the ticking sound.

the itbs make the great sound when you rev em but all the camera phone really pics up if the insanely loud leaking manifold and the lifters which sat for 5 months. sounds much better now. I will try and get another video out soon showing some progress.

The car is a 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege. This is the first start of a swapped engine so as you can imagine there are plenty of exhaust leaks and the valvetrain ...
              Last edited by vtec-this; 01-18-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Excellent Jeff, glad it started once the coil issue was resolved!

Comment

thanks again lex. I could not figure out why I was getting the intermittent spark. Seemed no matter what I did nothing worked so I took apart the distributor and lightly sanded all contact points and that did the trick.

Comment

this is awesome :D i was amazed reading about KL swaps into the 3rd gens but i think this takes the cake
                    '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

been driving the car for a while now. Clutch is broken in and the n/a bp05 is pretty much ready for boost. I spent alot of tuning redoing the ITBs over and over and ended up getting over 20VAC at idle with them once I spent a long time syncing everything. Once I got everything perfect, I pulled the manifold again and now I am having Silex weld me up a classy version of it.

I also picked up some mazda3 rims for the car a little while ago and finally got a chance to put em on the car.

the stock msp rims are gona get a set of track tires so I can swap em out whenever I go to the track this summer.

seemed like a better idea than wasting good track tires on DD.

the car starts on the first try everytime.

once you get the megasquirt setup nice it doesnt disappoint. I finished properly breaking in the clutch, and boost will come very soon if I can get a bit more time to finish the 3" downpipe with the weird saab outlet.

you will know its me if you see me in traffic as I must have the loudest riciest MSP to date right now (1.8l n/a with 3" exhaust). Everywhere I go I am setting off car alarms lol needs a turbo to muffle a bit lol

Comment

please post pictures of the new system once its completed & welded
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

will do and will also post up in the "DIY ITBS Exposed " thread

Comment

Comment

wow car looks great with those rims on it! Almost overlooked it since it mixes so well lol.

Glad to hear the car is reliable tho, always good to know things were done properly every time you go to turn key
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

thanks im really happy with how well everything went with the swap once a few minor issues got sorted.

Comment

Working...
                                X