No announcement yet.

Jeffs MSP GTR Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, there's always those few bugs to work out when doing a massive overhaul like you did lol.

Any inspiration of taking a video happen yet? lol I wanna hear this thing lol
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

haha, vids!
      well my buddy pulled out his cell cam while we were cruising a road just off the forks of the credit.

mostly just puttering along but I go WOT a few times so you can hear how loud the car is with the 3" exhaust on a n/a bp. not a fan of driving crazy stupid through public roads so I am not pushing it or anything.

i dunno if your windows media player can view this without a codec(mine plays fine win7 media player), you cant see anything but you can hear how it sounds when I go WOT a couple times in the vid.

its the meanest sounding n/a bp ive ever heard lol my guess is 100whp with the 3" catless exhaust with no resonators. I bet I am losing quite a bit with the 4-1 turbo manifold and big exhaust as it is for a turbo setup. Pretty much no power until ~6000rpm then it pulls like a champ. I am running 7600rpm max right now via megasquirt. Narrowest powerband ever lol

Just waiting on a new oil drain for the T25 then she is going under boost for the summer. Also got my damaged rx7 460cc injector repaired so I am back to the 460s for now. Still looking for a deal on huge injectors.
      Last edited by vtec-this; 04-25-2011, 10:46 PM.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
      2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
      Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

The video worked fine for me, just dark...but maybe that's the cellphone quality lol because it looked like you were driving on your daytime running lights lol so dark out!

The exhaust definitely sounds mean as hell, car sounds like is screams in the higher rpms like you were saying lol, guess that's what a 3" exhaust and a shorty manifold will do haha, makes perfect sense to me.

Sounds like the car is coming along great tho man! I bet you're anxious to boost it!!!
        -Jack

Comment

ya the video sucks it was shot with a BB so you cant see anything and can barely hear the car i will shoot a good vid soon.

Im putting the turbo on this weekend as Silex is giving me a hand with the oil drain and the 3" downpipe. (well U pipe to J pipe to flex pipe to midpipe, should be a bitch).

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

Cant wait to see your results.
            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
            "Who Dey"

Comment

well that didnt take long car is broken. axles broke driving in an almost staight line, locked drivetrain, seems the input spline is messed up on the driver side inside the trans.

deciding on what to do next. gtr/e153 or bp05/e153 or just a bp05/kia trans. wasnt planning on busting the trans while cruising and just spend all my cash on turbo goodies lol go karma.

Comment

put a FE3 in it
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

if someone wants to buy my gtr block, vvt mk2 head, spare bp05, e153 to bp adaptor, turbo manifold, saab t25, fmic and lex's pnp MegaSquirt for $1500 I could drive down the road and buy a fully built fe3 with rods, pistons, vr6 double valve springs and more for $1500 already assembled with extra parts

its very tempting..

but then I would have to change the name of my thread..and buy another adaptor plate to e153, and a new EMS, and work on a motor ive never worked with before..

back on topic..

I decided I dont want to put in the E153 without an LSD and thats out of my budget right now.

I just got a good offer on a kia trans that I could swap in this weekend and then get back to boosting the BP05 with the 460cc injectors and saab T25. I have been told my MSP 28 spine axles fit right into it perfect, but the question is...will my MSP intermediate shaft still line up using the kia trans/bp engine? or will the flange for the 3 bolts be off by a bit since its going onto a BP block and not a FS (I know if that was the case I could theoretically make an adaptor plate but that sounds like a chore).

does anyone know offhand if the intermediate shaft location/pattern is the same between the FS and the BP? Im guessing not but would love to be pleasantly surprised.
                  Last edited by vtec-this; 05-10-2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

use a kia intermediate shaft .......... or make a plate
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

hmm Ya I could do that but will need to see if kia abs ring is same size as msp ring. to me the attraction of the kia trans is getting ABS back and my speedo which is driven by front ABS.

i dont have access to good tools so I dont wanna think about the adaptor plate right now.

I hear the kia axles are thinner than regular BP axles..in a 2850 pound car do you think that would realistically be an issue? last thing I wanna do is break another axle, it has been a bad experience so far lol

Comment

just the intermediate shaft dude. bolts right in. its thicker then the normal BP one.

Comment

never separated one from the axle before so your saying KIA inner shaft with MSP axle huh sounds interesting. I Better get my junkyard picker outfit ready this could be good.

Comment

yep

Comment

well upon further review I went to pull out the trans mission and when I removed the passenger side axle which appeared to be ok at the cv by the intermediate shaft and found that it was also broken, so some new axles and the car was good to go.

still loafting on the turbo setup it will be done soon because i cannot drive a car this slow for much longer. it runs real nice and smooth. just slow. very very slow.

Comment

oh decent, wasn't too bad then! glad she's moving around again
                                -Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X