No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good work going on in this thread. how do you like the new mount? is that little noise gone now??
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Still waiting on the injector spacer I lost, once that is here I can finish hooking everything up and get her runnin

Comment

On another note, got adhesive sprayed and carpet layed, and now Im just waitin for it to dry over night before I put the finishing touches on it tomorrow.

Comment

well the picture looks good, what i can see anyway. matches nicely, should be a very cool finished product, wish you were close to me id commission you to build me one for the speed 3 xD
          '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Haha. Yea the wood blocks are just being used as weights, Ill snap a couple good one is the AM, the adhesive should be dry by then

Comment

find the spacer??? i hate when i lose those damn little things. i RTV them to the head side now days
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Took the weight off the new trunk floor. Couldnt be more pleased with the results, I do have a slight binding issue when I put the rear seats up/down but that shouldnt be too much of a problem.
                Yes thats snow in the trunk, we are getting snowed in as we speak.

Anyway, thanks to Iukekiniprotege, the part I need to finish the engine up is here so Ill spend the rest of the day getting everything back together

Comment

I got everything back together in the engine bay. Turned the key and she started right up. I have to say Im relieved because all I kept hearing was that even the 70 duro mounts cause too much vibration, but it didnt seem that bad to be. One question though, when the car is idling and I give it gas, just as the RPMs start to climb the engine shutters/vibrates for a second, is this to be expected with the stiffer mounts, or is this a sign that I should give some TLC to the side mounts?

Comment

The trunk looks real nice, man. I hope mine looks almost as good when I do it.

Comment

^^Its not too hard really, should come out nice

Went for a drive, couldn't really open her up since the roads suck due to snow but it was enough to get a good feel for the new setup. Everything feels real good, im impressed at the difference. Only annoying thing is like I said, going from a stop to applying throttle, for a split second the engine vibrates like nobody's business causing the dash and everything to rattle, Like I said its only for a second but is a little much.

Pics of engine bay, also added a grounding kit:

Last edited by Sleezer1533; 01-07-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

As per my experience with just a solid RMM, I have the same issue, unless I give it enough revs (6-spd) it'll shudder like crazy, but enough revs and it's just fine.

Trunk looks awesome too!
                        Last edited by Mazdaspd2008; 01-08-2011, 11:17 AM.
                        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

weak sauce. i love solidish mounts

Comment

Had to look up weaksauce haha. I dunno I cant imagine what the guys who run 95 duro go through, geez :p

Comment

Did some messing around today:

Threw the HIDs back in:

They look green but are actually clean white

Ghetto Rigged the one grounding wire away from the header:

Also noticed some blackening of the new EGR tubing Im using. Anyone else get this from running gas line for the EGR?

Let some air out of the tires, and shes a bit more winter road worthy

Im also throwing a CEL, I have a bid in on a decent reader on ebay as we speak

Finally I took some randoms:
                              Lurking in the garage

Mmmmm Salty

Last edited by Sleezer1533; 01-11-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

hey man nice ride, i read the whole thread u came a long way. I kinda dont like the blk out head light with HID. i think it defeats the purpose. Thats like having a flash light and put a blk cloth infront of it. But thats just me, once again nice car and keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X