No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea it should get some laughs until spring when I can try my hand at fixing it as best I can.

Comment

As long as the car drives, I would do the same. Its high risk driving in the winter, **** happens. Its not worth fixing if there's a chance it will happen again. Glad your alright
      Last edited by TheDanny; 01-21-2011, 12:42 PM.
      1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Haha, got back to school today. Empty parking lot with packed snow cover = 20 mins or so of doughnuts and ebrake slides = Getting stopped by security

Luckily he just gave me a warning

Comment

Isn't that what e-brakes are for

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Went in search of a good snowy parking lot to rip up since security gave me my one and only warning on doing it here. Didnt find any but in the search my CEL came on so I stopped at advanced to get it checked

"Bank 1 system too lean"

Can anyone translate this for me?

Comment

too much oxygen? But where? exhaust? I don't know much about your car, but thats a guess

sigpic

Comment

that's your first o2 sensor afaik. Theres a ton of reasons it could be on
                -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                VF10 powered!
                262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Well I guess Ill try to see if there is a vac leak to start things off, although Im not really sure where to start

Comment

Got up to drive to the gym, had to turn the key a half dozen times before I could get the car to start in the minus degree weather this morning. Then I noticed the power locks are acting up, sometimes the work and sometimes they stay put, never all of em though like just one will stay put while the others work fine, and they give off a "beep" noise. Could this be the cold or what?

Comment

-28C -18F. That's cold. Its about the same here. What's the CCA level on your battery. Mine (although there's a lot less to power in my car) starts just fine in these temps. Are your HID's trying to power up as well when you start the car? Is your amp trying to power up as well?

sigpic

Comment

Yes and Yes I assume. The batt is also the orig that came with the car so more than likely its seen better days

Comment

Took a couple cranks to get mine going today too. Original battery (to me anyway). I hit the gas a little bit and it started right up

Comment

mine starts just fine..o wait i live in FL lol

Comment

Mine doesn't. lol
                              I start it and it dies..
                              -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                              VF10 powered!
                              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment