No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never have before, I was just in a hurry the past two times and left it running, Ill make sure to turn it off next time and see if the problem persists

Comment

I've had that issue before but for me it's usually the nozzle itself. Some of them pop on me when I pull all the way so I don't pull all the way down on the handle. I also have never left my car running even if I'm in a hurry, that extra 5 seconds it takes to start the car and put it in gear don't make enough difference to me.
      '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

^^
        1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

So as many of you know I was having some weird electrical issues before. Its been a while since its happened but they came back on my trip home today. f my life.

So like before the V1 which is plugged into the front cig. outlet shorts out when: I accelerate from a stop, brake, use the blinker, use the wipers, turn the radio up loud, etc. It isnt like clockwork, sometimes it does it and sometimes it does not and sometimes it does it for seemingly no reason at all. The only difference this time is that with the new audio setup the speakers no longer cut out when the V1 shuts off and on.
          One thing to note is that at one point a good some came on so I turned the volume up loud and the V1 seemed to shut off when the bass hit, but as I went to pull the camera out to shoot a quick vid it stopped and only did it a couple more times for the rest of the way home so I never got a chance to get an example vid.

I dont think its a loose connection causing a short cuz it doesn't do it over bumps or anything, it seems to happen when I use anything that is tied into the electrical system. Im at a loss here

Any ideas?

Comment

Just to much draw from the system or something. What does the V1 stand for again?

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Valentine One radar detector

Comment

HID's running?

sigpic

Comment

I dunno if they draw power all the time or just when on but I only had the fogs/parking lights on at first and then turned em off to see if anything would change, but nope

Comment

Have you tested for a short. Could be anywhere.

sigpic

Comment

Thats why I havnt, it would b like finding a needle in a haystack

Comment

got to start somewhere. Plus you should know that car like the back of your hand

sigpic

Comment

When it comes to the wiring, not so much, I dont even know how to diagnose a short ... never dealt with one before

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sleezer1533 View Post
                              So as many of you know I was having some weird electrical issues before. Its been a while since its happened but they came back on my trip home today. f my life.

So like before the V1 which is plugged into the front cig. outlet shorts out when: I accelerate from a stop, brake, use the blinker, use the wipers, turn the radio up loud, etc. It isnt like clockwork, sometimes it does it and sometimes it does not and sometimes it does it for seemingly no reason at all. The only difference this time is that with the new audio setup the speakers no longer cut out when the V1 shuts off and on.
                              One thing to note is that at one point a good some came on so I turned the volume up loud and the V1 seemed to shut off when the bass hit, but as I went to pull the camera out to shoot a quick vid it stopped and only did it a couple more times for the rest of the way home so I never got a chance to get an example vid.

I dont think its a loose connection causing a short cuz it doesn't do it over bumps or anything, it seems to happen when I use anything that is tied into the electrical system. Im at a loss here

Any ideas?
                              So stuff started acting up again, seems to happen only on long trips.
                              Also got a little vid today as well
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=560n-6PzoDY

Comment

Modified and mounted the front plate so I can stop getting pulled over
                                Please excuse the poor pics, its all I can get right now

Those are rain drops on the car, I just pulled in in the garage, and yes there is red on my lower grill ... it was once red and the black is flaking off so it needs to be resprayed as soon as the weather gets warm enough to spray

Up next for today, try to fix the mess I caused from hitting that guard rail

Comment

Working...
                                X