No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the feeling. I empty my buddies tool bag every time something goes missing. I usually find what I'm missing.
    1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Never experienced that yet (knocks on wood), but my dad usually comes after me when a tool goes missing even though it usually ends up that he just misplaced it

Comment

a couple years ago, i had it all stolen. i was not a happy camper.
        loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
        73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
        sigpic

Comment

^Seriously? That makes me mad and it happened to you, I cant imagine how you felt

Comment

i was raging. id just cleaned them and organized it all,too. not to mention that my 120 gig **** was in my box as well...

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
            sigpic

Comment

wow, it censored i pod....

sigpic

Comment

Yea this site censors a lot

Comment

but it apparently doesnt censor cunt. lol.
                  nice to know that i pod is a worse thing to say. :D

sigpic

Comment

the censor was put into place due to spammers before we figured out better methods to getting rid of them
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

My i pod is always getting into trouble. I just love how grease and dirt wipe right off. NO CRABS!! just kidding. I have my tool bin locked and bolted to the wall from the inside.
                      1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Car is sick

Been having a rough idle lately so I was going to clean the EGR. Removed the intake and battery to get a good shot at it but I couldnt get it. Hooked everything back up, looks like Ill have to remove the IM again to get at it. Then went for a drive and this is what ensued:

1.) Like lately at a stop the rpms will drop and the car will come real close to stalling but then the RPMs will pick back up
                        2.) At a stop foot on brake, take foot off brake to press the gas and the same thing ... rps drop and almost stalls but pick back up
                        3.) Today same thing but RPMs drop and car stalls
                        4.) Today RPMs drop and as they pick up the car lurches forward and have to mash the brake to avoid hitting the car in front of me
                        5.) Major hesitation, feels like im towing a loaded trailer

I have had a constant "bank 1 too lean" CEL for about a month now but it cleared when I had the battery disconnected.

Any ideas guys?

Comment

the only way it could tell a lean cylinder would be via injector issues. the factory O2 sensor isn't capable to distinguish individual cylinder A/F

clean/replace your injectors & put in some good NGK iridium plugs.
                          Clean the EGR system while your in there(or just block the **** off)
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Sounds like my problems a couple weeks ago. Except I had a P0301 Cylinder 1 Missile code. Cleaned out the EGR with half a bottle of throttle body cleaner and also put Never-Seize on the shaft. Moves so smooth now and no more misfire code.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

Someone also mentioned to me that it could be a vac leak and one thing that is sitting in the back of my head is that when I had the IM out I ordered a combo IM gasket set from rock auto, only problem was the plenum gasket wasnt quite right I had to cut a little but because it was slightly different than the original one and two of the bolt holes in the gasket didnt line up right. So once Im settled in the new appt and get my mailing address all figured out Ive got the right gaskets sitting in my cart at rockauto: both IM ones, TB one, and EGR one. Ill take the Im off to get at the EGR better, clean the EGR, get the right plenum gasket in there as well as the others and then double check all the vac lines as I get it all hooked up again. Then Ill see if my issues are solved

Comment

So the rain let up and I got a chance to **** around with my stalling issue

Disconnected the brake booster vac line to inspect it, made a "Pshhhh" noise when I took it off so Im pretty sure its fine. But I took the sleeve off it anyway to inspect it ... nothing. Blew in it to make doubly sure and thats when I found out there are one way valves in these lines, cool learn something new ever day. Anyway, seems to be solid.
                                So I hooked it back up and turned the car on and started spraying blasts of carb cleaner at various areas where there might be a leak, nothing no even a slight change in idle except when it does the usual almost stall thing its been doing.
                                Did get a vid of what happens when I pump the bakes thought. She almost dies when I do it sometimes the cluster lights come on it dips so low.
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also took it for a short drive and noticed a exhaust leak starting.

So with the stalling, the horrible hesitation, and the noisy exhaust leak Im about to scrap this damn thing

Comment

Working...
                                X