X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man

Comment

couldn't take it anymore and did teh front:

Didnt get it aligned yet ... wondering if I can make it to the end of the month without significant ill effects to my tires
      ...also Kost wont do alignments on lowered vehicles so Ive got to find a place to do it

On a side note, I have a slight clunk when going over uneven ground ... is this something to do with the swaybar/endlinks?

Comment

likely has something to do with the endlinks. that or you missed something during install.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

No extra parts, so I dont think Im missing anything

Comment

Replaced the front pass caliper, put on new front rotors and pads, and bled my brakes

The pads from the pass. side that were causing the high pitched squealing

Brand new Pass side

My homemade DIY one-man brake bleeder :p

Comment

awesome!!!.... be sure to have some fluid in the bottom of that bleeder system & severely shorten the hose.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

The pic was taken after bleeding but yea there was fluid used to keep from air being sucked back up, but I used that length and it seemed to work fine

Comment

Received these today:

and whats this that came with em, theres two, bleeder caps?

Comment

wooo SS brake lines. are they coated??

Comment

Oh boy I really did it now:

Went and replaced the front brake hoses with SS braided ones. Everything went good except the fitting at the top that connects to the hard line wasnt keyed like the OEM one but I got it in there reasonably solid.

Anyway I started bleeding the drivers side ... pumping the brakes about 50 times bubbles would come out only at the last 1/4 of the pedal travel basically only when it was pressed to the floor, no fluid would come out. Went to the passengers side and pumped about 5 times with bubbles then fluid came out. Got frustrated and put everything back together, started the car and now the pedal has no pressure goes right to the floor and builds a slight bit of pressure if I pump it like a madman but other than that no pressure.

Being that I have work in the AM, I need this fixed and clearly the drivers side is the problem but I have no clue what that problem is...

Comment

The fitting between the hard and SS line perhaps?

Comment

if they are full hex & not one rounded edge. just take it to the grinder & make a rounded edge. i had to do that years back on a set i bought. once they are properly fitted you can actually tighten the hardline to the SS lines. alot of times if your even a little bit under rated they will leak air/fluid.
                          short of that, go get a vacum bleeder & put that on. your master cylinder might need some additional assistance because of all of the air in there.
                          if you let the master run dry too thats an issue you'll have to pump out too.

Comment

Ok so Ive been neglecting my thread lately heres the rundown:

Car is without brakes right now. I was having issues with the front brakes starting to engage after about 15 mins or so of stop and go driving. I assumed what had happened was I crushed the inner core of the brake hoses last time I did the brakes and they werent letting pressure off. So .. I bought new SS braided front hoses...
                            Well, I got the hoses in and the front drivers side wont bleed. Figured out that the Master Cylinder isnt pushing fluid through that line
                            So I ordered a new one from autozone. They ordered the one compatible with ABS, I need the non ABS one, so I returned it and had em order the new one which should be here tuesday.

I also got to thinking that I might as well make sure everything is properly functioning to make this go as smoothly as possible. That being said, I stripped out the adjestment allen screw on the rear calipers when I did the brakes and the rear pass. caliper bleeder screw and hole were all gunked up b/c the screw cap had fallen off at some point.

So I ordered three new calipers (The front pass. side I had just replaced).

and painted em

Sooo, all that being said, with any luck the new calipers will be going on Monday as well as the old MC getting pulled. Then tuesday I get out of work at 1 so hopefully I can get the new MC bench bled, installed, all the lines bled, and the E-brake finally adjusted.
                            Fingers are crossed

Comment

nice good luck!
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

So got started on the brake work today to get everything ready for the new master cylinder to go in

Started with fixing the brake hoses, the fitting to the hard line wasnt keyed the right way so I took a grinding wheel with my dremel
                                Before:

After:

Line all in passengers side:

Then I started getting the last three calipers in:
                                Drivers front:

Drivers rear, no shot of the passengers cuz its the same

Properly adjusted the E-brake

Then pulled the master cylinder out, had to take the intake and battery out to get good access to it

Fluid leak causing the bubbled paint?

Got the master cylinder out and pushed the piston in: Fluid sprayed out of the top fitting but not the bottom one or the side one
                                Should it have sprayed out of all of em?

Anyway, I should get the part tomorrow, but I work 12:00 to 7:00, so Ill get the new master cylinder on my lunch break, then I work 8:00 to 2:00 on wed. so Ill try to the the new master in after work and if all goes well the car will be up and running again

Comment

Working...
                                X