Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the lines fit a hell of alot better now don't they
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

OMG 100% better

Comment

wow ya that was a shot brake MC lol

don't forget to bench bleed the MC before putting it on though...they should have given you a few rubber plugs to help with this process...

I always plug the holes that are the closest to the brake booster and bleed the air out the one port that's furthest away...doesn't take much time.
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Help Help please!!

So I went to put in the new MC. Bench bled it, installed it, installed all the lines. Bled all the lines and they all bled perfectly. Started the car and there is pressure but if I hold my foot on the pedal the pressure quickly goes away and drops to the floor. When I shut it off and get out and listed to the MC area there sounds like an air leak, like a slow quiet pshhhhhhh. It sounds like its coming from where the MC meets the brake booster. Was there supposed to be a gasket there or something?

Comment

yes there is supposed to be a gasket. shortly going to the floor as stated means you don't have all the air out of the master
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Hmm no gasket came off ... and no gasket seems to be listed at rockauto or at autozone

Anyway, it may be possible that all the air did not come out, I lost quite a bit of fluid trying to get that mother out ... still doesnt explain the air leaking problem...

Comment

I know the newer boosters to masters use orings. Me and Mazdaspd2008 accidentally pinched his during the reinstall of his EBC. Conveniently, his HKS BOV used a close enough sized oring and thanks to MD323, the oring is the same size as the BP disty oring if you are in a pinch and have a spare laying around lol.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

So after re bench bleeding and installing the MC I realized that I cross threaded the bottom fitting into the cylinder and its leaking. Please tell me the fitting is softer metal than the fitting, or am I in for a new MC and new brake line?

Comment

.......... pull it off & examine the damage. not a good thing sir.... its likely if the fitting is damaged then you can cut the end & re-flare it with a new fitting.
                    but for the master............ idk

Comment

Alright guys so heres what I did today, still no brakes, any advice?

Went to the junkyard got the new line and the MC

Bench bled the master and installed it along with the new line.

(Self bleeder) 1.)Started with front drivers side: Bubbles then fluid ... all normal
                      2.)Next front passengers side: Only pressure at last half of pedal travel, little fluid.
                      3.)Rear passengers side: Same as front pass.
                      4.) Rear drivers side, bubbles then fluid then a pop/burst of bubbles followed by milky looking fluid that I determined was just lots o little bubbles then bubbles then fluid ... all normal
                      5.)Started over again, front drivers: All good
                      6.)Front pass: Better pressure but still odd pedal feel but proper fluid flow with no bubbles
                      7.)Rear pass: Again same as front Pass
                      8.)Rear Driver: All good
                      9.) Started car: pedal goes to floor

You think I could use e-brake to get the car to a shop?

Comment

Ok so just spent a couple hours working on the car ...

Swapped in the "new" booster. Hooked everything back up ... still no brake pressure. re-bled all the wheels ... everything fine (Only thing worth noting: when pumping the pedal while bleeding the rear drivers side the pedal made a groaning noise during the depression of the pedal, not sure if thats even important or not but a this point Im just mentioning everything.)

So what next? Re-bench the master?

Comment

None of your hard lines are leaking anywhere are they? I remember bleeding my brakes and on the lines going to the rear busted due to corrsion and the pressure of the fluid. Just glad it happened in the gaage and not the highway.

I'm sure you've already checked for it, but I don't remember reading it.

Comment

Being that I have pressure with the car off, I know that a leak is not my issue.

Comment

Ok so here is a mega long thread update:

1.) Brakes are fixed and car is running
                              After realizing that I has cross threaded the bottom hard line fitting to the new master and thus fudged up the threads inside the master I went to the junkyard and pulled a MC and the short hard line to the front drivers wheel. Stopped at Autozone and picked up a couple lengths of brake line to make the bench bleeding easier and picked up a disty o-ring kit and used this red ring for the new o-ring:

Got the new MC in and still no go. So decided that it might be a vacuum leak to the booster. So I went back to the junkyard and picked up the vac line that goes to the booster. Tried the new line in case the valve was bad ... no go. So then I threw a wrinkle coating on the new booster and put that in and bled all the lines again. no go ... at least I thought. I got angry and just decided to take a circle around the parking lot using the e-brake, but I noticed that there was enough pressure to get the car to eventually stop. Now after 3 days of driving the braked seem almost like they were before....

2.) The last strut is on the way, the company had a scratch and dent strut that was installed and returned but never driven on. After speaking to a guy from the company to ensure that the strut is fine other than cosmetic scratches and still comes with tokico's lifetime warranty, he discounted me 25% and shipped it out. Also ordering a new strut mount for the front drivers strut since it stripped the keyed portion out and the retaining nut is just kinda sitting there loose.

3.)When hammering off the rear discs I monkeyed up the threads on a wheel stud, so I ordered a new stud and some black open ended lugs

4.) Finally I have the resources lined up for a winter project and some parts collecting - Last time I went to the junk yard these babies were in the new arrival section of the import section of the lot:

So off the second black one I pulled this:

Basically perfect condition and way better than mine. So this is going to be my winter project. I want to try out some sort of lip other than the HD lip I have now and also want to retrofit projectors into the fog light housings. Might also pick up a set of lights a the junkyard as well and retrofit those to complete the look.

And the first black one is a 5 speed, so Ill start pulling parts off it for my swap :D

Comment

Received some stuff today:

and these ... not entirely impressed, the coating is already chipping, but thats what $20 on ebay gets ya I guess

Comment

Working...
                                X