No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked over just about everywhere, i could be a bolt but man I checked everywhere. But it is possible that its a bad mount?

Comment

yes it is possible. how do they look??
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

For kicks I took a look at the one underneath. It looks "squished" downward and the rubber looks dry-rotted near the edges

Comment

hey nice car.. im from the syracuse area, we should meet up sometime and do photoshoot or something

Comment

Yea man Im up for a shoot...

Comment

Well my electrical problem came back on my way home from break tonight. Only this time I think I have the culprit: I believe the HIDs are causing the problem...

Ill re-cap the problems cuz it got a little different tonight.

- About 15mins from home my lights dimmed for a second and the V1 in the front cig outlet turned off then back on. I start thinking "oh **** not again"
              - About 15mins later it happens a couple times again along with a faint screeching noise from the speakers. I power down the headunit to cut power to the system.
              - A little later things get worse. The lights dimming and V1 off and on thing happen when: I hit the breaks, put on the turn signals, hit the gas from a stop, flip the lights from low to high, turn the heat blower level up or down and of course it still does it at random times. Also there was no rhyme or reason to all this so it didnt do it every time I did these things.

I think Ill go pick up some halogen bulbs tomorrow and pull the HID system to see if the problem goes away, I just hope it didnt stress the alternator like before cuz I dont wanna replace it again.

Comment

Removed the HIDs

Replaced with these

Then went for about a 15min drive and a trip to the car wash with the lights on the whole time, no more problem. Im going to stick with this setup for the next few weeks to be absolutely sure and not jump the gun.

Comment

good luck man. i hope that fixes your problem.
                  loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                  73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Comment

So like I mentioned before I have a loud rattle/vibration from the engine bay when the car is in gear and at idle. The mount (tranny mount?) that is directly under the engine near the firewall looks to be shot?
                      I couldnt get pics but ill explain with some amateur drawings, please forgive me if they are a but curde

Im assuming the mount rubber should look somewhat like this:

But mine looks like this: (the lines indicate dry-rot type wear)

Does this look like a problem? I couldve sworn by the sound it was the exhaust touching somewhere, but I cant find a single place where it could touch, so Im leaning ore toward a bad motor mount.

Comment

Pulled the trigger and bought this
                        AWR rear motor mount

Should be going on in the next couple weeks if the weather stays mild

Comment

I've got a rattle on my '98. The hood rattles like a beast at idle when the car is in either drive or reverse. My front motor mount looks like your drawing so I could have the same problem. I'll wait to see if your new mount fixed it, because then I'll know what i have to do.

Comment

Cool Ill post it when it happens prolly not till like the 20th or so though

Comment

Haha, take your time. I'm in no rush. It's not like it's really hurting anything right now anyway. Just an annoyance.

Comment

I hear ya

Comment

Working...
                                X