No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see no pictawr... or link to said pictawr...
    loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
    73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 89BG 323 View Post
      i see no pictawr... or link to said pictawr...
      post #119 should have the pic in it
      '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

yeah it wasnt there when i was checkin this last night. but dude... that sh*t is DOPE son!
        loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
        73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
        sigpic

Comment

I know. Obviously I dont want to copy his sh!t exactly, but it is definitely the look I want to go for :D

Comment

sheeeeit, id straight up copy that front end atleast, the lip with that grill insert with the fogs looks nasty!
            '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

nice ride, very clean.
              wish the website you use for pics wasnt blocked her at school xD
              Originally posted by atomicEGT
              having the fastest/most powerful VJ20 is like wanting to **** the prettiest girl in the trailer park

sure you can do it, but most people aren't gonna be impressed
              93 Merc Tracer - Daily Driver

Certified:
              CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Network+ | J-std

Comment

Ur school blocks photobucket?

Anyway, heres a bunch since I havnt updated on this forum in a while.

Pile-o-parts

...and this

Basically heres whats going down.
                The rear motor mount needs to be replaced (I think), I bought a AWR 70 duro to replace it, but Im going to wait for it to warm up at least above freezing to do it

Also Ive got there gaskets for the intake manifold which will be removed when doing the mount as well as hot water heater gas line to replace the EGR pipe

I will also be installing an NRG grounding system

Finally I am downsizing the audio system since I think its the system straining the electrical system of the car and causing problems
                So far I have pulled the sub, both amps, speakers in the rear doors, and have pulled the speaker wires and RCA cables up to the glove box because I need to figure out which wire is which since I didnt mark em when I pulled the amps

What is left to do is figure a custom mounting setup for the MSP sub/amp deck, wait for the new sub and amp to get here and install them on the deck, pull the head unit and mark which wires are which, hang the deck, and complete the wiring

Hopefully this will all get done before break is over (Jan 23)
                Last edited by Sleezer1533; 12-21-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

New equipment came this morning

Comment

Got the sub successfully mounted up, also swapped out the wiring for a longer length

...and got the amp mounted up after some modification of the rack, and wired up the sub

Last edited by Sleezer1533; 12-22-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

My mom's Ford Windstar(99) has the same rattle and does the same thing.
                      let me know if the mount fixes it. ill check her van and see if its the same.
                      here at work i can see pics xD but yes my School blocks ALOT.
                      and i dont know if its due to age but i dont see pics in other threads to.
                      alot of threads that are good and long ones the pics from older parts dont show up. and sometimes none show up. but oh well.
                      Originally posted by atomicEGT
                      having the fastest/most powerful VJ20 is like wanting to **** the prettiest girl in the trailer park

sure you can do it, but most people aren't gonna be impressed
                      93 Merc Tracer - Daily Driver

Certified:
                      CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Network+ | J-std

Comment

^^^ my highschool did the same thing, blocked all sorts of **** like photobucket, youtube, myspace/facebook, etc.

either way, the soundsystem project is coming along nicely! I used to run two 10"s in the speed3 but didn't really like it so I stick with the stock system, it's good enough for me, i just need to put some padding in the door handles somehow, they rattle like a bitch (the outside ones)
                        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Dynamat can get expensive but maybe try putting that inside the doors, could help maybe

Comment

I've thought about it. I don't know if that would quite solve the issue, it's the outside door handles themselves that rattle... I'll have to look into what my options are.
                            '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Pulled the head unit and got all my wiring sorted out...

Comment

Got the MSP sub/amp deck mounted and wired up today. Sounds good, I miss my bass though

Also had to remove the trunk spring/rods in the end to get the trunk to close even though the test fit showed no clearance problems, Ill check it out tomorrow to see if I have any options since Ive gotta tidy up the wiring and clean up some blood from a busted knuckle :p

Comment

Working...
                                X