No announcement yet.

My 2002 KLZE Protege 5, kl to kj swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just plug the device in and go. Very simple and an OBDII scanner can be had for less than $100.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

^^^^ what he said. if you were close by i would plug mine in and scan for you
      91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

ha, didnt even realize it was OBD2, yeah you need a code scanner
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

check ebay. you can get the readers for under $40 shipped now. and all you do is plug them in. there way easy compared to all the work we had to do with the ODB0 and ODB1 cars
          ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
          ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
          What are you driving?

Comment

I would spend a little extra on a reader that tells you what the code actually is, like "Cylinder One Misfire," not just the "P0301" or whatever. It'll save you time looking up the codes online and you can get right down to work figuring out what's wrong. I think my Actron scanner was $99 from Advance Auto Parts, but I also bought a multimeter at the same time so I'm not 100% certain on the price.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.
            Last edited by irishkev90; 11-21-2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

^
              the ones that are that cheap do even that now. hell, im using one that was only $30 shipped and it tells you exactly what every code is and breaks it down.
              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
              ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
              What are you driving?

Comment

Damn you Advance! Hahaha, oh well, should have known better.

Comment

Ya those OBD2 scanners go in the plug under the dash by the steering wheel right?

Well I didn't keep that plug from the millennia, all I have is the diagnostics port from under the hood, the one that is the same as on an OBD1 KL harness.... If an OBD2 scanner will plug into that, then sure I'll buy one, but I think I gotta do this the old school way

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    Ya those OBD2 scanners go in the plug under the dash by the steering wheel right?

Well I didn't keep that plug from the millennia, all I have is the diagnostics port from under the hood, the one that is the same as on an OBD1 KL harness.... If an OBD2 scanner will plug into that, then sure I'll buy one, but I think I gotta do this the old school way
                    The OBD2 scanner wont plug into that diagnostics port...

Comment

If the diagnostics port is anything like my Protege's (gray cap, next to the engine bay fuse box) the scanner won't plug into it.

edit: I've been beat to the punch! I hate Internet Explorer

Comment

^^exactly... So again, I gotta check for codes the old school way lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

just get and obd2 connector at the wreckers and wire it in so you can pull the codes the "new" way. haha
                          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Haha ya if only it was that easy

Comment

why not just MS it?
                              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Cause I just finally bought a MS for my festiva, Im not gunna use it on my protege lol

If I get the cash to buy another MS I will though

Comment

Working...
                                X