No announcement yet.

My 2002 KLZE Protege 5, kl to kj swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Thanks, last night i put the wiring harness in the Protege, i now just need to connect power the 5-6 wires that need it, get the KJ back in the engine bay, and i'll be trying to fire it up, hopefully tomorrow night

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I've been reading your updates, but haven't posted much myself. That's coming along great man, can't wait for you to get it running. I good there's a video to accompany the start-up.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

Of course there will be a video of the start up, as long as it actually does fire up for me lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

W00T W00T!!!!!!! FIRST START UP!!!!!

Comment

Yeah buddy! You've put a lot of hours into this in a short time, almost finished in the time it's taken me to organize my garage!
            sigpic
            1992 Familia GT-X
            1988 323 GTX
            2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Thanks Darren, i actually haven't spent a crazy amount of time in the garage, like tonight i went outside around 5:30, the KJ was hanging on the cherry picker, and that video was taken just after 9:00... mind you the axles weren't in, shift linkage not hooked up, no radiator etc. so it's not even close to drivable yet, not to mention i gotta dig into why it wouldn't idle, but it was getting late and wouldn't wanna wake up my neighbours lol

But when i get this thing up and on the road, we should meet up sometime

Comment

Well, that's "good enough" haha. Glad to see it starts. I wish you luck in figuring out why it won't idle. You can it.

Comment

NIIIICE DOOD! Loving this thread

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                  1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

sick lol posted on youtube as well
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                      Well, that's "good enough" haha. Glad to see it starts. I wish you luck in figuring out why it won't idle. You can it.
                      lol well, i basically cut a lot of corners to hear it fire, like not putting hose clamps on the fuel lines (yes i will be doing that before the car leaves the garage) so it probably is something minor why it won't idle, that video was literally the first time it fired like that lol

Comment

lol nice man. moving quickly.
                        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Any progress?
                          SPI swapped

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WhiteLightning96

Comment

video background music fail man! LOL

Lets see it rip up and down the road!
                            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by white-lightning View Post
                              Any progress?
                              Not yet, i've been busy this week getting my new SUV a 08' Ford Escape..... the jeep was breaking down way too often and it was just a pig on fuel, so i was basically paying out (in fuel and repairs) about the same as the payment on my new escape

Here's the new toy

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
                              video background music fail man! LOL

Lets see it rip up and down the road!
                              Haha ya i agree, i just had it on the radio, but i'll make sure to have better background tunes in the next video lol

I should get some more time on the P5 over the weekend, i already have some good ideas why i didn't idle, so once that is figured out, a test drive video won't be long afterwards

Comment

i've been following your thread on ToProtege. must say good work man.
                                i'll bring by my 2nd gen when your done to slap in a KL. LOL
                                | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Working...
                                X