Speedracr79's Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scorch3 View Post
    Man they really look like they're in the right place, you can't just fab up some mounting brackets?
    Yeah thats what im gonna do to install the rears the fronts i have the wedge racing seat brackets but im not gonna install the fronts till i get the dash back in
    FOR SALE THREAD

" I reject your reality, and substitute my own "

Comment

loking good...u ova here trearing **** up huh lol...good **** man

Comment

Thanks i havent had a chance to get any more progresses on it but this weekend im gonna hopefully finish powder coating some rims ant the money i get from that will cover my PnP work or atleast a good chunk of it.
        FOR SALE THREAD

Comment

awesome log. i wish us BG guys could get all that CF bling

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Thanks man and the trunk was easy but the hood is rare took me about 4yrs to track one down the rest was just piece by piece. I want to get as much cf on the car as possible. I wanted to buy a roof cap that was made in cf for a while but id rather just cf vinyl wrap it and call it a day.
            FOR SALE THREAD

Comment

cf vinyl FTW!!! trunk will be done soon bro...

Comment

Not part of my build but heres something i picked up today to use when its complete in the mean time ill be using it on my subie when we go on the next cruise. I got the Hero3 Black its the best one and comes with the remote so im happy. Also heres a pic of the sti wheels im working on its a 3 stage black base, blue flakes top coat, and the clear the pic dosent do them much justice they look dope.

FOR SALE THREAD

Comment

wow car is looking awesome!! What does the backside of your p5 hybrid bumper look like? Just seeing how you reinforced it lol
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Jealous of the gopro. Very nice

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                      wow car is looking awesome!! What does the backside of your p5 hybrid bumper look like? Just seeing how you reinforced it lol
                      Thanks man! the back is just fiberglassed together for now im going to put some brackets or something to hold it together. Im also going to get a clear bra to hold the front together also. Id hate to loose the bottom end with the lip so im taking all precautions.

Originally posted by bogaut View Post
                      Jealous of the gopro. Very nice
                      Yeah I wanted one so figured why not go all out.

Heres whats been done since ive been gone Not sure if I posted a pic of my cams gears and pulley set but heres a pic of them also heres the finished product of the rims I was working on

FOR SALE THREAD

Comment

Well it took me longer than I hoped to get some free time to get my VC and some other parts coated in Pearl Gold, but i finally had some time the other day, and it came out bad ass figured Id share it with yall. Pics dont do them justice and i tried to edit them but as you can see im horrible at it so...lol

FOR SALE THREAD

Comment

Minor Update Well i sold and bought some new parts like my Tokico/Eibach suspension, and my innovate Wideband. Going with a AEM UEGO wideban, and my cars been sitting on jack stands since then. Thanks to a few fellow members on another forum I was able to source a temporary suspension i have a set of oem struts and some MSP springs and some rusty as hell top hats...lol. These will have to hold me over till i save up for coils which are next on the list but heres a few parts ive received since i last posted DG CF door handle covers, CR3 Radiator Brackets, Bixenon HID Kit and come Clear Corners, also recieved and not pictured, yellow tint for my fogs, and some rubber for my Rota Grids gonna run 225/45/17 Kuhmo Escta ASX

[/QUOTE]
                          FOR SALE THREAD

Comment

This was a very productive weekend started off by cleanig out my shed and organizing the **** out of it and setting up some shelves looks real good now. Also when my brother built the shed he made the cut outs for the windows but he moved out before he could install them. So when I bought the house I never got around to doing them till this weekend definitley made a big difference. So now im one step closer to having my powder coating shop complete just need the oven and power and im set. Heres a vid for your viewing pleasure close to the end of the video is Joseph's audition for American Idol...haha That place was a ****ING MESS before couldnt even walk in all that pile was **** going into the trash. its not completely finished yet still need 1 more window, finish organizing and move my equipment to the the shed.

As for the car progress some progress was made. Removed the LCA's gonna get some Pedders bushings to install, and while the spindles are off im gonna swap on my KVR drilled rotors, and finish coating my ES calipers gold and slap that all back together. The front subframe was swapped out so now i have the 01-03 subframe and can mount my GT Spec 4pt Ladder Brace. We also mounted my fans to my radiator, I installed my Mazda5 intermittent wiper stalk, and my AWR mounts just the sides for now. Removed the AC compressor, power steering and all that junk to clean up the bay a little more. They are going back in but its easier to work with out them in the way. Also got some quick release battery terminals, put my trunk back on for now gonna drill the holes for the MP3 spoiler next time. And finally swapped out my messed up fender for a better one, so now theres only a couple of dings that need to be repaired before paint can begin.

We took a cruise over to junk yard because my condensor fins were all bent up got me a used one in good shape for $25 also got the bushings for the bottom of the radiator since i lost mine along time ago. while installing the fans i realized that i tossed my oem ones w/o snagging the connectors off of them before, so picked up one of them the other was no where to be found. Gotta go back to Pick and Pull sometime weekend after next weekend to return the core and hope they have some more 99-00 proteges they only had 2 and there wasent much of them left.

More progress will be made weekend after next for round 2. This is the Year of the Protege it will be running and painted before summer if not sooner.
                            FOR SALE THREAD

Comment

great to see some more progress!!! keep us updated!
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Will do sorry for the slow progress between the lack of time and money and my family i havent been able to get much if anything done. But now i should be able to get some traction and get this thing running. It wont be complete till the end of the year i need at least 3k for the remaining parts like coils, port & polish, emanage and so on. But ill post all my progress eventually, i dont come here often but when i update my build ill be sure to post here also.
                                FOR SALE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X