Awd mp5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vtec-this View Post
    or if you dont have the engine in, check out the 1.6 vs 2.0 mount..how much farther back does have the 1.6 mount have the holes on the pass side mount?
    ya it has been bad here too been loafting on a few things
    if you get a chance to take a look at the mount for me it should give us a pretty good idea on where you have things lined up

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
    2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
    Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

subbin and dreaming. Nice job so far!
      397whp, 373tq Dyno Video

Full Standalone E6X, Intel Dual Core 3.2GHz, Dynamix 8", Clarion 5.1
      Easystreet, 4 corner control, 9 way dampers, 8 gallon tank, dual Viair 380C's
      Garrett T3 twin scroll, 3" v-band exhaust, 4" antisurge intake, Dual BB, standalone water cooled
      Full fuel system, SIGNATURE TANKS, 18" Motegi, etc...

Comment

Back at it again getting ready to start doing the wiring for the MS/BP. I still need to drop the old exhaust out... DOH!!

Originally posted by vtec-this View Post
        ya it has been bad here too been loafting on a few things
        if you get a chance to take a look at the mount for me it should give us a pretty good idea on where you have things lined up
        It's sitting exactly where the FS sat.. Really no need to look. My concern was how much damage was truly covered up on the passenger side frame rail. I'll get to that after I get done with the wiring!

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
        HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
        Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

if that is the case then why are you using the 1.6 engine mount on passenger side instead of the 2.0?

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

The FS mount bolts to the center of the block just above the water pump. The only option for that mounting position on the BP is the BF mount and it's no strong enough IMO to hold up to much abuse for long. It bolts to the head where the Miata's water outlet would go with 2 tiny 8mm bolts. I'll take some pics of that while I'm at it.

Comment

OK I was gonna say it would be way off because the first thing i tried to do was reuse the stock FS pass side mount and it had the engine too far forward

Comment

B6 engine mount bracket on the BP pic

Working on building a bracket from the BG one that will bolt right in

Comment

ok so using the stock 1.6 mount is a no go then? you still planning on using the FSDE top trans mount?

Comment

The z6 mount from the bj does work with the BP, I just don't like the way it functions or the way it was built. There isn't a better version of it either that I've seen. So, I'm reusing the bg awr mount for the passenger side. FS awr trans mount is staying until I get to the point of going awd which will likely require different mounting solutions. I've been super limited to what I can accomplish lately from spraining my neck... Otherwise, I'd have my motor in so I can finish leveling/aligning the mount bracket for the final mods it requires to be done. Crossmember mods are still up in the air at this point but I'll be using bg mounts no matter what.

Comment

ok cool im going to try out this mount with some filling to make it solid. Im pretty sure this is the mount you are talking about and I found it new for $40 so I might as well just try it out. If it works it would make it very easy for anyone to do the 1.8 swap. if it works then the only thing to worry about for a normal joe is the crossmember.

Comment

That would be the one. The one I have is torn so.. didn't work very well with weight put on it.

Comment

well I spent a bit of time lining things up over the weekend just out of curiosity while I had my hood off to see how moving the engine so far forward would orientate everything else in the bay.

It does not look like the stock throttle cable will work with that engine positioning so add that to the list of things that will more than likely need to be changed.

Comment

Yep, I planned on using my BG cable anyways

Comment

So, I managed to score a mid wing for it from Canada.. I don't like how the legs go partially up the hatch which I'll probably modify once I have it in my hands. Can't beat $50 shipped for a OEM spoiler!

Here's a pic showing what I'm talking about with the spoiler creeping up the hatch.

I'd much rather have the Mint Blue spoiler, but, I'm fairly certain I can redo the one that's coming to be like the MB one.

Comment

very nice find... but man I totally agree with you on that dont like that leg at all.
                                Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                                99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                                01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Working...
                                X