No announcement yet.

Awd mp5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control arm revision. Old left, right new. Man I hate the BJ design..

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

High performance motor, engine, and transmission mounts for Mazda and Ford.

even tho i know your not an AWR fan anymore.....
      either that or hack up & modify your subframe so you can use the other control arms.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

4 am is a perfectly legit time to be pulling a BP. Gotta get it out of the way so I can get the steering rack and kframe out.

Comment

i like how well lit your garage is!
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
            i like how well lit your garage is!
            Camera thinks it's brighter than it really is. I need more light actually!! Taking a break after getting everything out. Time to start cleaning the kframe and finish stripping the engine bay down so I can get it fully cleaned an prepped for painting.

Comment

Kframe all cleaned up and painted. It's good to go!

Comment

wow that is so much different then a BG subframe

Comment

More goods showing up.. Ordered slotted rotors and got drilled/slotted instead. I'll probably just run these rotors. If they crack, they crack..

Comment

if your brave enough i would take an angle grinder & extent the slots to the edge of the rotor.

Comment

Why? The pads only contact to right about where they terminate. That's technically the edge.

Comment

the slotting is to release gasses caught between the pad and rotor . if they extend slightly beyond the area covered by the pad then they work.

Comment

I thought modern pads didn't have this problem.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
                            the slotting is to release gasses caught between the pad and rotor . if they extend slightly beyond the area covered by the pad then they work.
                            I know what they are for. Hacking them up with an angle grinder is a bit extreme however and would only serve to remove more meat which would increase the chances of them cracking. Verticle mill or don't even bother. Use of an angle grinder for a job like that is just terrible advice..
                            Last edited by jinx; 07-24-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

^ if you have access to a vertical mill then sure. i 300% agree with you. but for the average joe an angle grinder & a steady hand would certainly suffice.
                              and for the material removed- highly unlikely to inhibit cracking considering your removing maybe 8mm at most of length @ no more then 2mm deep.

drilled holes however are of concern when it comes to cracking. Never the less- not a thread to debate on minor details about. On with the show!! anymore new goodies arrive??

Comment

Nothing yet.. Picked up two spindles for the front, thanks to Ian! I'll get those cleaned up once they arrive for the new hubs and bearings that I'm waiting on. I have a bunch of work ahead before anything gets back together again.. Wiring won't take long and I'll probably finish it after everything else is sorted out in the front end.

Comment

Working...
                                X