No announcement yet.

Awd mp5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An hours worth of work making new support brackets. Upper brackets will be part of the bumper brace. The intercooler has seen better days.. May order a new one... I suspect this one may have a pin hole sized leak in it that you can't get to without destroying the cooling fins.

Last edited by jinx; 12-13-2013, 11:34 AM.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Comment

What type of tranny and gears do you plan to run? Dog Box or Synchro? Helical or Staright Cut?

Or stock ones?
        Engine
        Trans
        Power

Comment

Pressure test the intercooler. Takes nothing more then a .50 cent plumbing cap, and a random intercooler coupling and a old tire valve. Turn your air compressor down, and give it a test. I built mine without spending any money from random crap i had laying around the garage already.
          ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
          ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
          What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Berto24 View Post
            What type of tranny and gears do you plan to run? Dog Box or Synchro? Helical or Staright Cut? Or stock ones?
            Stock FWD gseries for the time being.

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
            Pressure test the intercooler. Takes nothing more then a .50 cent plumbing cap, and a random intercooler coupling and a old tire valve. Turn your air compressor down, and give it a test. I built mine without spending any money from random crap i had laying around the garage already.
            Been meaning to do that..

Comment

Rough cut of the core support and fitment passenger side intercooler connection. Need to remove a tiny bit more to make sure the pipe never contacts. Going to need to do quite a bit of touch up painting on the core support when finished.

Comment

Time to start finalizing quite a few aspects of this build. Lots to finish still.. Most of which is quick and easy. Then time to make it all pretty again.. Getting oh so close to firing up my beasty. Hoping to have it moving by February! Not looking forward to retuning it though..

Checking radiator clearance with the pipes in place.

Intercooler elbow needs trimmed, flared, and painted. It's a good fit and has plenty of clearance from the rad. Water inlet as you can see needs cut and angled away from the manifold just a tad.

Last edited by jinx; 12-15-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

The 45° pipe and 3" coupler I ordered finally showed up after the xmas delay!

Comment

everything is looking great.

fyi you might want to make a shroud or something to hold the fans.

I have the same plastic things holding my slim fans in..and now I have a hole in my rad from the plastic rubbing against the rad over time.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
                    2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
                    Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

any plans to brace the beltside engine mount to the frame like OEM?
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                        any plans to brace the beltside engine mount to the frame like OEM?

thats a pretty badass patch piece. clean work man
                        It's just tacked in place for now. I intend to tie it into the fender like the BJ's did. Needs to go in with the engine first though.

Comment

Nice build so far Jinx, I will be joining you soon with a similar BJ build as I'm currently in the process of acquire a oem jdm 4wd BJ sedan. It already has the bp-t engine swap but it is setup with the fwd box (not the bg gtx as I thought) as the owner lost interest is doing the 4wd gearbox swap to complete the swap. The oem 4wd backend is still on the car and my intention is to complete the 4wd conversion.

I recently found out that the owner had modified a pair of Subaru Impreza WRX front Tein coilovers to fit the BJ chassis by modifying the brackets that bolts up to the spindle and used a sleeve over setup on the rear struts. The front of the car rides well with them, however I won't be getting them as apart of the sale. So that's another option to the BC, Megan coilovers to take into consideration when doing your suspension modification.

Here some pix that I took of it @ a recently concluded drag meet.

Last edited by mazkam; 05-31-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

^ pictures of the rx7 calipers installed please
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I have mixed feelings about what I'll be doing with mine at this point. I don't have time to work on it currently, so it sits.. makes me sad. I have it up for sale as well.. Dunno if I'm going to finish it or not

Comment

^ pictures of the rx7 calipers installed please
                                As requested.

Comment

Working...
                                X