X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bein it went ****ty last time
    sigpic

Comment

dood! i just went and read all 8 pages of this stuff, crazy build man. all the support out to you and all that are helping. standing by man
      Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
      99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
      01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

After stumbling around in the ungodly humidity at the local jy's, I now have what we think is a bolt in front lower trans mount bracket for the BP in the BJ using the BJ crossmember without mods. All the mounts you really need to bolt in a BP is > Passenger side BJ mount w/ the z6, a Kia gseries??, the rear rack mount from any BJ, the front has to come from the fseries z6 BJ or BG 5speed?, and the driverside mount from the FS gseries.

NOT 100% CONFIRMED.. yet
        Last edited by jinx; 06-09-2012, 05:10 PM.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
        HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
        Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

well hot damn! I can't wait to see it bolted up!
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
            well hot damn! I can't wait to see it bolted up!
            Yeah but first I've found a reason for concern about this p5 due to this... I think I have more front end damage then what we knew about it. Starting to think the subframe and frame rails are geeked still. Need to download the body/collision specs for it and do a serious check of everything. Earlier this week I cracked my windshield by merely tapping my rear view with my hat.. Somethings fishy! not shocked... I did come from Miami after all. It's all good even if I do find a problem I'll figure something out.
            Last edited by jinx; 06-09-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Hopefully its not off. My last pro came from Miami and didn't know about the rear end collision it had till the paint started fading at the weld lines on the C pillars
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I spent some time with it lastnight reassessing my mounting options now that I have the AWR mount in place where it's capable of keeping the trans in place. Pics to follow! I managed to get previously ditched ideas to line up with a lil modding of the BG tranny crossmember. Still more work to be done.

Comment

Back to the BG crossmember! Obvious droop in the crossmember since it's pretty much relaxed.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx View Post
                    Back to the BG crossmember! Obvious droop in the crossmember since it's pretty much relaxed.

looking good!

did you have to drill a different bolt pattern in the drivers side top trans mount from the FSDE trans or did the pattern already match? I never had mine around to compare and just made my own mount plate as I had sold the plate with my old drivetrain.

so let me see if I understand the route you went.

For pass side mount you used a Z6 1.6 3rd gen pro mount & For drivers side you used a 3rd gen FSDE 5-speed mount? Just wondering as I used half a modded medieval FS pass side and on the drivers side the home made trans mount plate that attaches to the oem FS 3rd gen mount.I would not mind replacing the drivers side with something oem if it fits. are you able to use your stock linkage with your setup or did you have to mod it at all?

so you using the cut 1.8 crossmember and 1st gen lower trans mounts like me then? I just cut the subfram after the front trans mount and then took a bar and made a U with it then stuck the U into the crossmember pipes on both sides. I used a bar that slides perfectly into the crossmember. Then made a new front plate that attaches the U to the front of car, drilled 2 holes in the plate and torqued it all into position. Then welded the U into the hollow plate/crossmember pipes.Cost no money and took about 20 minutes. The bar was just rebar that happened to be the right size. I used a vice to bend it into a U. It is strong enough support me standing on it at 220 pounds, though I think it is more responsible for controling the engines back/forward movement than supporting the weight of the drivetrain as the side mounts typically handle the load themselves.
                    Last edited by vtec-this; 06-16-2012, 10:29 AM.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
                    2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
                    Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by vtec-this
                      looking good!

did you have to drill a different bolt pattern in the drivers side top trans mount from the FSDE trans or did the pattern already match? I never had mine around to compare and just made my own mount plate as I had sold the plate with my old drivetrain.
                      All the gseries that I have seen have the holes tapped for that specific mount bracket. However, I've only noticed the proper additions to the cases for that trans bracket and rear firewall mount on the newer gseries trannies such as the kia case. The older egt gseries do not have either of em, besides the holes being tapped for studs where it "would" mount. I can post pics for those wondering what I'm talking about.

For pass side mount you used a Z6 1.6 3rd gen pro mount & For drivers side you used a 3rd gen FSDE 5-speed mount? Just wondering as I used half a modded medieval FS pass side and on the drivers side the home made trans mount plate that attaches to the oem FS 3rd gen mount.I would not mind replacing the drivers side with something oem if it fits. are you able to use your stock linkage with your setup or did you have to mod it at all?
                      The z6 frame mount will indeed bolt up to the bp bracket in it's proper location. I question it's placement on my p5 due to the kind of damage the front end had on that side before I owned it. The top trans mount is all fs from the trans bracket to the frame rail mount. Where the motor sits now, the p5 linkage is damn near spot on if not completely correct. It should be..they're both still the same old gseries, the fs one just has newer revisions. I've yet to see how the bg linkage bolts up.

so you using the cut 1.8 crossmember and 1st gen lower trans mounts like me then?
                      Still not 100% on what I'm doing about the crossmember. As far as mounting goes, I am indeed using the 1st gen mounting locations. I'll probably end up only using a few bits from the bg cm. Something important to also note is, I'll have to modify it even more when a trans adaption/swap comes.
                      Last edited by jinx; 06-18-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

ok i will source a stock FSDE top trans mount bracket asap and confirm for you that it aligns the drivetrain to be within acceptable mounting location. A couple times now I thought I had everything perfect and then after a day or 2 of actually driving it I notice certain situations when turning that create the slightest noises from the axles. I am not sure where the heck I can find a 1.6 pass side locally, but I will see if I can try that out for ya too.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

The AWR mount made a ton of improvement on where the trans sat when I originally test fitted/aligned it together.

Comment

if you have a chance can you take a measurement from the tip of the valve cover around the bolt hole to the front frame piece with the engine/trans installed? that would give us a pretty good idea where you are compared to my setup.

Comment

or if you dont have the engine in, check out the 1.6 vs 2.0 mount..how much farther back does have the 1.6 mount have the holes on the pass side mount?

Comment

Been slacking due to the heat as it's like an oven in my garage even during the night. Recently strained my neck!! so..., no heavy lifting till it heals. On top of that, I've been buying other kinds of toys I'll get back to it soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X